Monday, November 24, 2008

It's Been A While...

I know it has been a while since I updated (thanks Rebecca for all of those friendly reminders!!!). We have been busy, but mostly just with everyday things like cleaning house, playing, washing clothes, playing, shopping, playing, going to church/revival, playing, picking up pecans, playing, hanging out with Daddy, playing, a baby shower, playing, wedding showers (for Dave and Mandi)....I think you get the idea. Anyway, I will post just a few pictures taken over the last month just to satisfy all of you that keep emailing me wanting to know "when are you going to update???"

On Halloween, Jamey and I decided to do a very "impromptu" bonfire. We have several brush piles at the new place that need to be burned, we didn't have anything else to do that night, it was cold outside, so...we decided it was time to light a match to one of the piles. I decided we should roast marshmallows too and stopped by the Corner to get several bags. The Flemings, Wiggins, Grimes, and Colvins joined us. I managed to get a picture of Matthew, Caleb, Riley Grace, Maggie Ruth and Caroline - but somehow missed Rachel, Jacob, John Luke, and William (he was snoozing in the car). I mentioned a baby shower above. It was given by Marrianne at Buddy's Diner in honor of Russell and Kristen's latest addition, ,who is due January 21st. Kristen got lots of little boy things and Marrianne really did a great job putting it all together. My favorite was this...Kristen's dad played minor league baseball for the Braves. Marrianne got his old ball jersey, bats, batting helmet, etc. from Mrs. Sue and put it together with some of Daddy and Russell's old tractors, belts, blue jeans, overalls, and boots from Mother to make the display. The boots you see in this picture were Russell's, but there was a pair that size used as a "centerpiece" on one of the tables that belonged to my Daddy when he was a little boy - very sweet!!! Below is a picture of Riley Grace, Kristen (growing Jack), Mrs. Sue/MeMe, Maggie Ruth, and Mother/Grandmother.And, since I didn't have a picture of Rachel at the bonfire, I thought I would share this one of her from the shower. She lost a tooth that day (the one on the top) and has lost the one beside it since then.
There was no occasion for this picture, just thought I would leave you with Caroline's sweet smile.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

19 comments:

  1. Welcome back! I feel the same way about posting! I have several posts in mind, but just haven't gotten around to actually posting them. Oh well, maybe next week:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear from you. I've been checking regularly. The bonfire looks like lots of fun. Love the pic of Caroline in the truck and of course all the kids were just cute as pie. Lots of neat and sweet ideas at the shower too. My fav was Caroline's sweet smile I think. She just smiles ALL the time. I've rarely seen the child NOT happy!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HOOOOORRRRAAAAYYYYYY!!!!!!! You finally did it!!!! I was really beginning to worry about you!!! Haven't I always been good about staying after you and Beth about things???? Some things never change. I guess I am just an old nagger!!!! Ha Ha!! I hope you will post pics of your new place as you guys get it cleared and ready for building. I don't live there anymore remember so I like seeing what is going on that is new! Have a Happy Thanksgiving and tell Mrs. Bessie I said Hi if you see her!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have been a busy girl. Caroline's smile is always "warm" and in season. Thanks for taking the time to share some of the wonderful memories you are making each day.
    Aunt Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hurray...you're back!! I was witness to you and Jamey picking up pecans one afternoon. What a sweet hubby to help you. And, yes, you left us with the sweetest picture of that Miss Caroline.

    John Parker enjoyed seeing Caroline in church Sunday before last. They exchanged smiles when he entered their little room :) Wasn't able to make it this past Sunday, but we'll see you this week.

    Kristen is FINALLY showing!! She looks great! I know y'all can't wait for Jack's arrival.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry, I should have proofed. I meant to Horray not Hurray.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't get it together tonight.....I left out the word "say" before Horray in my last comment. Maybe I should get some sleep....

    ReplyDelete
  8. What fun you all have been having!!!! I've been checking on your blog regularly!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's good to see you back...I can't believe you were gone for so long, I know I missed seeing Caroline's sweet face!! Looks like you guys have had lots of fun the last few weeks!! I can't wait to see you in a few weeks!! Now we have to get on Christy and Beth...they haven't been doing a good job updating their's either!! :) LOL

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like y'all have been as busy as we have! We enjoyed the bonfire!

    Kristen's shower looks so cute! Jack will be all set when he gets here! Caroline's looks are changing! She is looking so much older!It's amazing how quickly they do change! Still precious though!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a huge bon-fire, ya'll didn't play around with that one!! I love roasted marshmallows and when we went camping I was able to eat all of them because the kids said they were burned. Oh well there loss!! Thanks for letting me know how the wedding went, I really would have loved to go and see everyone.
    That is a neat pic of Caroline's reflection in the mirror! I am glad you included it. Have a happy turkey day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What cute cute pics! I hope that I get to see Caroline some time over the holidays! She and Maggie Ruth are growing WAY too fast!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey girl! "Sweet Caroline" (. . .you know that song. . .) takes on a whole meaning, doesn't it? To let you know, they have FINALLY decided to spilt our class! We got to choose whether we wanted the older or the younger group. Caroline was a HUGE deciding factor. (We are keeping the little ones.) See you soon, and hope you had a great Thanksgiving. Lots of LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  14. It is hard to stay up blogging when you are so busy...I can relate to you there! I have tried to manage my time better instead of getting so carried away on this computer and not getting anything done! It's so easy to do! Enjoy your time with precious Caroline! She will be starting school before long! Take care! Hope you guys had a great thanksgiving!
    -Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey Shonna! Hope you guys enjoy the game too. We'll have on our crimson either way too!! Regardless of what happens, we can both pull our hearts out for our teams, right??

    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have a new blog address http://bryancoxfamily.blogspot.com if you read it you'll know why i had to change!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I hear ya about not having time. Jason doesn't like me staying on the computer. So, I have to do is very sparingly. Great pics! I am so glad Caroline and Madison are becoming friends. She is a precious little girl!! Maybe we can get together and hang out sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Knock Knock Shonna, Are you awake???? You have become such a slacker!!!! Perk it up! It's Christmas. We need to see some cute pics of You, Jamie and Caroline decked out in some winter wear or something!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I hope y'all are feeling better! I know all about that stomach virus!!! It is TERRIBLE!!!!!

    ReplyDelete