Thursday, August 27, 2009

since the party

I have finally gotten somewhat caught up on things around here and thought I would post pictures of all the fun things we did on Caroline's actual birthDAY. Please remember while looking through these they were taken on HER birthday and she got to eat pretty much what SHE wanted for the day. Any of you that know her very well, know that she has a humongous sweet tooth...thanks to her Aunt Heather (not really, but she is the one who gave Caroline her first taste of chocolate so I blame it on her)!!!

Caroline and I made cupcakes the night before her birthday since we had already had a birthday cake at her party. Here she is being the little helper she loves to be in the kitchen. (Oh and if any of you know who gave her this precious apron set for her birthday, please let us know. It was in an unmarked bag and I have racked my brain trying to think who it might be from...thanks.)
The next morning we were going to ice the cupcakes...pink with sprinkles, of course. Caroline could not wait any longer to blow candles out, so she just stuck them in a plain cupcake as I broke out the cameraS and began to sing Happy Birthday...a mother trying to sing Happy Birthday, take still shots, video so Daddy can see, make sure her child doesn't play with the fire, and enjoy the moment = some blurry pictures. And guess what, I looked at the clock after we got through and it was 7:39am. Caroline was born at 7:38am so we were celebrating the very moment she turned THREE...not planned at all, I promise!!!So then it was off to get ready for her very first dentist appointment. Everyone asks how she did and according to Sherrie she did very good, but I guess I was expecting her to be an ol' pro since we had been practicing at home what to do "when you go to the dentist". I am guessing she got stage fright or something because to me it looked like Sherrie had a hard time prying her little mouth open to count and brush her teeth - all 20 of them. Caroline seems to think it was pretty fun (now), so maybe next time she will be more willing to open wide:)Then we were off to the DQ to get some MORE sugar with Grandmother, Aunt Heather, and Jacob...we did eat lunch first!! I'm not exactly sure what they were doing here, but looks to me like they were praising the Lord for providing them with good ice cream:)We then headed back to the house to change into our swimsuits and get ready to go to Blue Lake with Lori and Jack B. We were pleasantly surprised to find Emory, McKenzie, and their mamas when we arrived. We played and played and enjoyed the afternoon and then we had a snack...of cupcakes!! After Blue Lake we headed to swim with the cousins and eat pizza at Grandmother's and Granddaddy's...ending Caroline's 3rd Birthday by singing Happy Birthday to her one more time:)

The next day we were off to the beach with Michelle and Emmie. The weather was a little dreary, but it put a damper on our day. All of us girls totally enjoyed our beach time!! Since then, we have slowed down enough to potty train...YAY!!! Caroline is still sleeping/napping in Pullups, but other than that it is big girl panties all the way!!! And, since she is potty trained, she gets to begin ballet lessons at Andalusia Ballet in a couple of weeks. She keeps telling me "Daddy is going to help me ballet...on stage" and I get a kick out of it every time! These are few pictures of Caroline "practicing" her part and I will be sure to post pictures if I ever catch Jamey practicing with her:)

post signature

3 comments:

  1. We were honored to get to spend part of C's birthday with her. How cool that you guys were singing "Happy Birthday" at the exact time. Jack B was born at 4:06 a.m. so I think our only chance of this is to just stay up that late:)

    She looks like she belongs in that ballet outfit!! We are anxiously awaiting seeing the pictures of Jamey practicing with her:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad the dentist went well and the potty training was a success!!! Congratulations!!! I think you did a great job at getting pictures of her while doing so many other things. Can't wait to hear how much she loves ballet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pictures of Caroline are absolutely divine!!! I love the ones of her on the morning of her birthday. She and Jacob certainly know how to enjoy (and appreciate) ice cream. Congratulations on the potty training. I think we have a ballerina.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete