Wednesday, October 7, 2009

carrie - update

The email I got today from Lori with an update on Carrie:

I don't know what I've sent to who so I'm going to give a short recap to fill everyone in.
Carrie's blood pressure was very high and wouldn't come down last night. They thought her water had broken and sent her by ambulance from Flowers Hospital in Dothan to Sacred Heart Women's Hospital in Pensacola.
After she got here, they found that her water had not broken but her blood pressure was still very high. She is almost 27 weeks right now. The short term goal is 28 weeks which is one week from Saturday, but her doctor said this morning that he saw no reason that they could not make it to 33 weeks. This would give the baby a 100 percent chance of survival with no brain or eye problems. That is the long term goal.
She is in room 247 in the women's hospital at sacred heart right now. She will get to move to a nicer room on Friday. She does have to stay in the hospital until she delivers the baby. We are going to try to dress her room up a little so if anyone would like to send cards or other cute things that would be great. You can send it here or get it to me. I'll be coming 2-3 times a week.
She is on some meds now where she can't get out of bed but should be done with that tomorrow sometime. She will be able to take a shower and just feel better then.
Jason and Carrie are both doing well. Carrie has not been able to eat since lunch yesterday and will not be able to today so pray for no hunger pains. Jason's work is about the same distance from here that it is from home so that is good.
Carrie and Jason have not even mentioned this and I know it is not what's important to them right now but I know this will be a financial strain for them so please pray for Got to calm some fears and work all that out. Carrie will not be able to work for several months at least and with the cost of the hospital, it's a lot to deal with.
Thanks for your prayers! I'll try to keep everyone updated. We feel that we've already seen some miracles in this. They said last night that her water had broken and she was going to have the baby SOON!! It was amazing when they realized that it had not broken. God is good!!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment