Friday, October 9, 2009

carrie - friday night update

Lori and Ben went down to see Carrie last night and this is the email she sent out on the way home:


We are on our way home from seeing Carrie. She had a tough morning. She was having trouble breathing and I think was just emtionally drained. She was in a lot of discomfort and her blood pressure had elevated again. It wasn't as high as it has been but still higher than they want it to be. She got better as the day went on, but they have decided to keep her in a high risk room for a few more days. She will stay in room 247 for right now.
On a better note, she is finished with the magnesium and was able to take a shower and EAT tonight. This was the first thing she's eaten since 1:30 pm on Tuesday afternoon so that helped. She's feeling well but her blood pressure is still a little high. It was 168/99 when we left and the doctor really wants it around 150. Relatively, however, she is still doing well.
I'll try to keep you all updated. Thanks so much for all the cards, flowers and prayers. They mean so much!!

post signature

3 comments:

  1. I am praying for all of them!!! Thanks for the update! I have been following your updates on f.b.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAPPY BIRTHDAY! HOPE YOUR DAY IS WONDERFUL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shonna, I had already gone to bed and remembered I had not told you HAPPY BIRTHDAY as I had intended to do earlier today!!! Hope it was a fabulous day. Love, Mrs. Cathy

    ReplyDelete