Tuesday, November 10, 2009

rain, wind, and a RED FOX

I slept on the couch last night so I wouldn't sleep so hard thinking the weather might get bad from Ida. Jamey called a little after six this morning to check on us and after that I got up to look around outside to make sure I didn't sleep through any damage. No, it just looked like lots of rain. Then I looked down and there was something curled up on my door mat. A cat? A dog? A fox??? What?? A fox??? A RED FOX!!! Kind of the weirdest thing I've seen in a while and it kind of makes me sick to my stomach thinking there is a wild animal laying on my carport by the back door. Anyway, here are pictures for proof and I will be calling someone soon (so Daddy and Russell be ready) to come remove it.

post signature

6 comments:

  1. Glad to know Jamey is doing fine....but I am also a bit disturbed that you had a fox at your doorstep. It was probably just looking for a dry place. You and Caroline be careful out there in the WILD (your carport).
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sweet little fox was looking for a dry place and found your carport! That is so wild and you'll always have this story to share in the coming years. He or she is really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way too close for comfort! Did Caroline get to see it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. How funny! But it sure is a cute little thing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW!! Talk about "Up Close and Personal!" I'd be worried about it being rabid!!! Well, you have a fox now, what about a hound?:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG!!! I don't think I would be able to breathe if I saw something like that sitting at my doorstep. :) Wow, a black bear and a red fox that close, who knew??

    ReplyDelete