Wednesday, February 24, 2010

reasons to celebrate - a new life and 60 years of it

I am guessing that most of you know that baby sister Kristen and her husband Josh are expecting their first baby in April...SO EXCITING!!! She was home a few weeks back for a couple of baby showers.

The first one was given by a group of her high school friends on Saturday and was actually for her and and another expecting friend, Kriston Godwin Bush.
While we celebrated a NEW life that day, that night we celebrated 60 YEARS of it!!
Daddy's birthday actually was not until February 15, but we decided to go ahead and celebrate since we didn't know when/if Kristen Sue would be back home before the baby got here. We all went out to eat and then back to Heather and Brian's for cake and ice cream. This is a pic of Granddaddy with all his grand kids (minus sweet RG and the two still keeping warm in their mama's tummies).
Then on Sunday, Kristen had another shower given at my aunt's house where she got lots more for little Baby O:)

Can't believe my baby sister is about to be a mama and that I may not see her again until she is, BUT so excited about my new niece or nephew!! We had fun weekend with her and can't wait to go meet Baby Orton in a few weeks in Atlanta:)

Also can't believe MY daddy is 60...but it seems like the new 40!!! I don't at all think of him as being old (like I used to think 60 was), I just feel blessed for him to be ours and that we got to celebrate such a special birthday with him:)

post signature

3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful family!!!

    Pregnancy definitely agrees with Kristen!! She's just as beautiful as ever, and now has that wonderful 'mommy' glow that is present in all of the pictures. Please send her my love and best wishes.

    Oh, and happy 60 to your sweet daddy!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristen looks so cute and that's a great picture of your mom and dad. Sounds like a sweet weekend with your family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kristen looks super! I know she got lots of sweet things for her sweet baby!

    Did you get my reply e-mail about walking? For some reason that day my computer kept going on and off-line. I wondered if it went through to you......

    ReplyDelete