Saturday, May 31, 2008

Memorial Day (or should I say week) 2008


Hello all!!! We rolled back into Andalusia yesterday (Friday) about 11:30am and being at the beach for an entire week was absolutely F-A-B-U-L-O-U-S!!!

Caroline had a blast, we got to spend a lot of time with Jamey (and the rest of the family), and I have gotten a good start on my summer tan - yeah!!!

Brian turned the BIG 40 on Thursday the 22nd. So once we all got to the beach on Friday, we surprised him with a Birthday Supper at The Back Porch in PCB (with his side of the family who were also staying the week at the beach) and then went back to the condo for cake...all lots of fun!

The rest of the week was spent doing one of my absolute favorite things - relaxing on the beach!!! We slept as late as we wanted each morning and then got out on the beach or went to the pool for the rest of the day.

Caroline did manage to come home looking like a little gingerbread even though I would cover her two or three times times a day in SPF 50 - she just tans so well! She loved playing in the sand from the start and gradually worked her way into the pool and then into the ocean. By the end of the week, we had to really watch her because she would just go straight for the "bubbles" (aka ocean) as she would call it and never check up - I am so glad I have a little beach buddy!!!

My memory card for my camera filled up rather quickly, so my pictures were hit and miss and mostly of Caroline (imagine that!!!)...check out Kristen's blog for more photos!!

7 comments:

  1. Love the post, the pictures, and Caroline's ponytail!! I've never seen her hair up like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Shonna! I just happened upon your blog one day when I was trying to look up old friends. Your family is beautiful! I love reading it and seeing what you have been up to. I saw Beth last week when I was home for Ashley's graduation. I told her I had been looking at your blogs and she said I should post a comment so...HEY!!!

    Christy Burgess

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Christy! Email me sometime at reeves@andycable.com so that I will have your address to keep in touch...so glad to hear from you!!!

    Shonna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Shonna! You missed some good times in Andalusia but I know you all were having alot of fun too. The wedding was really pretty. I will post some pics tomorrow or some time soon anyway. I ran into some of the Wiggins at David's catfish. You Andalusians are getting up town with your new eating places and Super Center.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the picture with Caroline in her cool shades and the ponytail! That is precious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you all had a great time at the beach!! Caroline is just too cute for words with her shades!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Caroline is just too cute!!! I can tell everyone had a great time.

    ReplyDelete