Friday, July 4, 2008

HAPPY JULY 4TH



Caroline and I had a GREAT 4th of July!!! We spent the day with some of my best friends from high school, actually we started kindergarten together and went through AUBURN together - Beth (Jacobs) Colvin, Christy (Hinson) Burgess, and Michelle (Dubose) Hunter. Beth lives in Andalusia and has one child, John Luke, who was one year old in April. Christy lives in Knoxville, TN and has two little girls, Gracie (almost 4) and Catherine (1). Michelle lives in Nashville, TN and is expecting her first child, Emmie Nicole, in October.

All of the kids played from about 10:00 am until late afternoon. Then Michelle, her sister (and our hostess for the day) Nikki Guilford, and I took our kids up to The Buckboard to eat supper. While we were there, we took full advantage of the great photo opportunity out on the pier and then the kids had the best time dancing on the outdoor stage. You can see in some of the pictures Nikki's middle son Abram "break dancing". Before we left, he had Caroline and Eli trying to do it - HILARIOUS!!!

After leaving The Buckboard, all of us headed over to Michelle's mother's house to eat birthday cake. Michelle will celebrate her 29th birthday tomorrow and her step-daughter Madi and niece Ellie made her a cake, as they would say, "from scratch" - MMMMM!!!

THEN...we were off to watch the firecrackers...YEAAA!!! We went up to the elementary school to try to avoid the big crowd at the Kiwanis building and in hopes that Caroline and Eli would not be so scared by the BOOMS!! Eli went to sleep on the ride there and was just fine. Caroline acted like she was going to enjoy the show at first, but it did not last long. You will see in some of those pictures that Nikki was trying to get a shot of us in front of the pretty display and Caroline is screaming "Go, Mommy, GO!!!" the whole time. She, Michelle, and I sat in the van for the rest of the show.

Needless to say...the day was busy, but wonderful! It was great seeing all the girls and catching up with them - it felt like we picked up right where we left off!!!

I hope everyone else had a great time of friends, family, food, and FIRECRACKERS...HAPPY 4TH!!!

5 comments:

  1. Looks like y'all had a fun day! I remember being the same way about fireworks when I was little, but now I LOVE them. I also love that Nikki Guilford. She's a talented girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pictures turned out really cute! I had fun with all of us girls! We need to do that kind of thing more often!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad ya'll had a good time!!! Time flies by so fast!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pics! Caroline is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We had a great time! Caroline is just as cute in person as she is in her photos!

    ReplyDelete