Thursday, July 17, 2008

Boo Boos, Bumps, and Bruises...

I know these things are inevitable with children. And I thought that when Caroline fell on Aunt Peggy's back steps back in May and busted her little nose that had to be the hardest thing a mother could ever witness happening - right? I mean look at this little nose...
I was wrong - Last night, Jamey had gotten home from work and Caroline was showing her daddy all her new "tricks" for the last two weeks and !!!BAM!!! - she tripped on some toys and bumped that sweet noggin' on the corner of the coffee table. I almost lost my stomach because it made me hurt so bad to see the monster of a goose egg that popped up on her forehead within SECONDS and Jamey was scurrying around trying to find a wash cloth (it takes him a day or so to readjust to his surroundings and remember where everything is sometimes) to put some ice in to put on the latest boo boo. Here are some pictures......I am sure most of you are thinking it really is not as bad as I made it sound. And today I am thinking that I probably overreacted (if you can imagine that!!!) and how funny Jamey and I must have looked all in a tizzy to Caroline who had actually stopped crying pretty soon after Jamey picked her up.

9 comments:

  1. Poor Caroline! That's quite a goose-egg. I can just picture you and Jamey running around hysterically. (like John and Jill:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are so scary...I do know!!! I know that sick feeling too! Maggie Ruth and Riley Grace are rubbing off on Caroline- my most sincere appologies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have no idea how I made an anonymous comment, but you know who it was.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bless her heart{and mama and daddy's hearts}. I'm sure y'all were more worried about it than she was. It is scary. One day John Luke fell off the couch right on top of his head and I couldn't stop shaking for the rest of the day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Caroline's Aunt Kathy sends her (and you) a big hug. She was probably doing better long before you and Jamey calmed down.

    Love & Hugs,
    Aunt Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Every time something like that happened to us I felt like I had to explain every time anyone saw him what happened so they wouldn't think he was being beaten. He stayed covered in bruises.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Poor Baby!!! Gracie has had her share of falls including a chipped front tooth and poor Katherine fell off the bed at Easter and scrapped her nose on an air conditioner vent in the camper! Good thing kids are resilient!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bless her heart!!! I can imagine that it did hurt! From one parent to another, it IS a scary thing to witness!! It would be nice if we could shield our children from all of those terrible bumps and bruises.....but unfortunately it doesn't work that way!! I am glad to know that she is doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those babies can be so clumsy! At least Caroline didn't realize how bad it was!

    ReplyDelete