Sunday, December 14, 2008

Moving on to CHRISTmas!!!

Do you remember me mentioning in a previous post that I had a decorator this year? Okay, so here is a picture of our tree (without the presents because I am still waiting on my ribbon, but I will post a picture later with all the gifts). I know you are wondering what is so special about it, right? Once you meet my decorator, you will know why this is my most favorite tree EVER!!! So, who was it??? None other than......my sweet, wonderful, thoughtful, wife spoiling, daughter doting, Christmas loving (ever since we had Caroline, he is like a child about Christmas)husband!!! That's right girls and I bet there are not many more out there like him!!! And it's not like decorating a Christmas tree is something he sits off-shore and dreams secretly about or anything. And those of you that know Jamey, knows that he is your typical man's man. So, how did I get this treat????

Long story short...I am a perfectionist and Jamey's s not (not by a long shot!) so, we balance each other out!! It was late on the night after Thanksgiving and he was tired!!! So, instead of staying up with me (because he doesn't go to bed without me:)) to get every single bulb and ornament in place, he took control and put the lights on and then the ornaments. All I had to do was keep the lights coming and put the hooks on the ornaments. I loved it!!! I think the tree turned out even more perfect than it would have if I had done it myself and the sweetest part was the next morning...

Jamey had gotten up really early to go hunting and was gone before Caroline got out of bed. I plugged in the tree when I got up and listened excitedly for Caroline for her to wake up and call for me. When I heard her, I went to get her out of bed and told there was a surprise in the den for her. So, I ran ahead of her so that I could see her face and when she saw the tree she lit up and said "my tree has lights on it". I told her that Daddy (with a little help) did it after she went to bed and she looked at me and said, "My daddy do it for me? He put lights on it for me?" Now, isn't that just the sweetest?!?!? I just LOVE the two of them!!!

So guess what?!?! Before Jamey went back to work, he decided that Caroline needed a tree in her room. So, he and Caroline put her tree up in her room the night before he left. This one was pre-lit, but they put the ornaments on it together and all I had to do was make sure they had hooks - I could get use to this!!! Now, pictures of Caroline's tree...

On Friday night (December 4th), Caroline and I went to the Andalusia Christmas Parade - an event that Jamey has yet to be home for. We had the privilege of watching the parade with the Hardy's and Fleming's at our usual spot, CCB. My good friend Lynsey (Williams) Dubose and her husband, John, joined us about half way through...it was so good to visit with them. (And for those of you who know Lynsey, she is due with their first child in May and they found out this past Monday that it is a GIRL...YIPEEE!!!)

Here is a picture of me and C at the parade. She really was not in the picture taking mood, but I try to get one each year for "memories" sake.

And, finally (if you are still reading and have a toddler in the house), below are three "must haves" that will help you teach your children about the real meaning of Christmas.

First is a nativity scene that I found at Wal-Mart or $10. It is not breakable and "lives" on Caroline's nightstand so that it is just her height. She LOVES it and ALWAYS carries Baby Jesus around with her. Her other favorites are Mary and the shepherds. I think her having her own nativity scene has helped her not be so tempted to play with mine!!!
The next two on the "must have" list are movies - Miss Patty Cakes Christmas and A Fruitcake Christmas. Both of these have a fun way to teach your kids (and remind yourself) where the focus of Christmas should be. Caroline and I love them so much, we will keep them on continuous play just to hear all the fun songs while we go about our day around the house - some of the songs even get me teary eyed because they have such a sweet message (and presented in a way that she understands)!!!
Well, I think that gets us up to date. My ribbon for the presents should be here tomorrow or Tuesday, so hopefully I will post a more completed picture of the tree then - maybe even a family shot!!!

8 comments:

  1. Well you kept my in suspense for sure!!! All along I thought you had hired someone from the "outside" to decorate your tree, but it turned out to be your loving husband. HOW SWEET IS THAT!?!?!?!? I definitely think he is up for nomination in the category of being "Husband of the Year". I, too, am blessed to have my hubby's helping hand around the house to tackle little, but meaningful, projects without a fuss. Thank the GOOD LORD for them, right?

    I'm def. going to go and buy the Nativity Scene ASAP-ADORABLE!!

    I'm glad to know that Lynsey is having a GIRL! She was my sub on Friday when I was out with the virus.:)

    Last but not least, Santa did forget about poor little Sawyer!! But, I don't think he was bothered by the matter. :) We'll have to talk to him before he comes back next year!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What some great ideas! We watched the parade in about the same spot. I'm with Julie on keeping us in suspense. It's great that you have such good help.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jamey did a GREAT JOB!!! I think the tree looks wonderful - both of them actually. It is nice to have sweet and thoughtful husbands. I have to say that Ben is helpful like that too and he will put the ornaments on the tree for me if I do the rest!!

    I knew you said you were going to put a post up about Jamey but I had no idea he was your decorator!! And when Caroline said that about her daddy ~ wow! there's just something about little girls and their daddys, right?

    Thanks for the movie tips. I'm going to have to get at least one of those for Jack. I'm not doing the nativity scene this year though. You know how we talked about all the clutter. I have laid down the law: "No more STUFF until the house is FINISHED!!" LOL

    Loved all the pics. Caroline takes good pictures whether she's in the mood or not!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so sweet of him to do that! He did a very good job also. I can't seem to get Jason into the decorating part of Christmas. I am glad you both had a good time at the parade- they are always so much fun to watch! I will have to look for that nativity scene because I wasn't going to put mine out this year due to Emily wanting to play with it.
    I can't wait to see your final picture of your tree!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE this post! It is so sweet and Jamey is a wonderful decorater, he should go into business!! That was the sweetest thing Caroline said about her daddy putting lights on for her! And her tree is just as beautiful!! It makes such a difference when you have a husband who helps out with stuff like that! Paul is one of the best and helps and cleans so much, he is one of the last ones left, but I will say, you also definitely have one of the good ones left also!! I know you appreciate him very much!! I can't wait to see you guys soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How beautiful!!! I was thinking how cha cha you were for having your very own Christmas decorator!!!! Jamey really did a good job. I am surprised. Poor Jeff tried helping me do some decorating before our company came this past weekend and I had to re-do some of it. At least he tried!!!! We have a tree in Will's room that Mrs. Myrtle Ruth bought him when she lived with us for a while. It always brings back the sweetest memories!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a sweet story! I am blessed as well with a husband that is willing to do whatever to help out! It does make life easier! And it is definitely a BLESSING that I am VERY thankful for but I don't tell him enough! Thanks for the reminder!

    John and I put our tree up last night! {Yes, we're THAT behind!} But it's up and it's so relaxing to turn off all the lights and just sit there and look at it!

    I love Caroline's nativity scene...I will get one for my little man!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your tree is beautiful and it is nice that Jamey helped you with it. Matt doesn't get much into the inside decorations, but he does ALL of the outside ones. Lights on the house, on the little trees in front of the house, and this year we added deer in the front yard. FUN!!

    ReplyDelete