Tuesday, December 9, 2008

So, I am running behind...again!!!

I don't really know what has gotten into me lately, but I keep getting behind on this blogging thing. In real estate, the main thing you learn is that time is of the essence - I guess that rule should apply to blogging too when you are posting about Thanksgiving 2 weeks late! I promise to try to do better now that we are getting back to normal after Caroline and I have had that terrible stomach virus that was/is going around.

I was happy to read how great every one's Thanksgiving went. It sounds like all of you had a wonderful day filled with family, friends, food, and football!! We had a little something extra to be thankful for - Jamey was actually home this year for Thanksgiving. This is the first time he has been home on Thanksgiving day since we started dating 7 years, but 8 Thanksgivings, ago.

Kristen Sue and Josh switch out Thanksgiving and Christmas with our family and Josh's family each year. This year we got them for Thanksgiving (which was great, but means we don't get to see them during Christmas). We ate a huge, delicious lunch at Mother and Daddy's and then spent the rest of the afternoon doing what we always do...hanging out on the deck watching all the kids play.

Jamey, Caroline, and I left there late afternoon and headed over to Jamey's mom's house to enjoy a big ol' pot of soup with cornbread and biscuits on the side!!! Can you think of anything better on Thanksgiving night?!?! It was yummy and we enjoyed visiting with all of them and watching a little football.

The Sunday after Thanksgiving, we partied in honor of Riley Grace and Maggie Ruth's birthdays. MR turns 2 today and RG will turn 9 on January 8. With the holidays approaching and little brother Jack due January 21, Kristen and Russell decided to celebrate these two girls on a day where no one would be side tracked with the busyness Christmas brings OR a new baby brother (anxious to see how Rudy is going to handle that one!!!) It was lots of fun and the girls seemed to enjoy celebrating together. Read more about it on Kristen's blog. Here are a few photos from the afternoon outside Thanksgiving Day (I don't know where the older boys were) and I promise not to be too long getting to my next post. I am going to try ONE MORE TIME tomorrow to get a picture of Caroline for our Christmas card and a few of our tree to share with y'all...I had a decorator this year!!!!!!!!!

11 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great Thanksgiving. I love the new picture of Caroline and the one of you and Jamey is really good too!

    I am having the same issue with the whole blogging thing! I have been SWAMPED at work lately, working late every other night. The nights I haven't been working, Matt has been working. It has been a hectic month! I sincerely hope to update sometime this week. We'll see...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yea! I meant to tell you that I saw Kristen (SIL) at Walmart over Thanksgiving. I wanted to say hello, but I thought she would just think I was weird! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you finally got to post! I wait eagerly on yours cause Jack LOVES to see Caroline. She's really the only one he knows on here so we REALLY look forward to new posts by the Reeves!! It's a really cute Christmas pic of Caroline at the top too!!
    Glad you all had a good Thanksgiving. I know what it means to you to have Jamey home - believe me!
    Really good pic of you and Jamey too!! See you Sunday if not before!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you had a great Thanksgiving!! Really good pictures of you all!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know what you mean about staying up to date with the blogging! Or with anything else for that matter! We haven't even got our Christmas tree!!! But when you are feeling sick pretty much everyday, it seems that those things just aren't at the top of the list!!!! Maybe it will pass soon {VERY SOON!}

    All the pictures are sweet. Glad y'all had a good Thanksgiving! {I really like your hair long!}

    ReplyDelete
  6. When I look at the picture of you and Jamey, I am reminded why Caroline is such a beautiful child. She gets both her personality and "good-looks" from her parents.
    Aunt Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  7. How beautiful!!! All of the pictures are so pretty. How is Kristen your sister?? Does she have any children yet?? Glad to hear that you all had a nice time together.

    ReplyDelete
  8. No, Madison wasn't sick Sunday. You must have just missed her. I got to meet your brother and dad at the Farmers Federation dinner. I didn't really talk to your dad but your brother seems like a great guy! I just now have put together who he is married to. I am a little slow sometimes. Jason used to work for CARQUEST and as you know so does Ralph. Anyway, cute pic of Caroline at the top. She is adorable! That is a great pic of you and Jamey! Great couple! I am so glad we are getting closer. It is good to have other Christain couples to talk to and go to church with. I will be out of town this week, but I'll see you Friday night at the party!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am glad to hear you guys had a great Thanksgiving! I'm sure it was so nice having Jamey home and I'm sure it will be great having him here for Christmas too! Caroline looks so sweet in that picture at the top, I love it! Can't wait to see your next post with your nice "professionally" decorated tree!! you muct be so excited to have someone do it for you!! I can't wait to see you when we come home!! I've missed you and sweet Caroline and hopefully we can see Jamey also!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am sure you had an extra special Thankgiving with Jamey being able to be at home. I know it meant alot to both you and Caroline to have him there. It looks like Caroline likes sidewalk chalk as much as my girls! The pic of her in front of the tree is very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like you had a great Thanksgiving

    ReplyDelete