Monday, December 15, 2008

Christmas Cookies...What a Treat!

Caroline and I decided to bake some Christmas cookies today and we had the best time. I wanted our time together to be a little more involved than the "slice and bake" cookies, but maybe not as intense as making them from scratch. My sister, Heather, suggested to go with these Betty Crocker Sugar Cookie mixes from Wal-Mart. They turned out to be perfect for spending some quality time in the kitchen with my two year old. You just add a few ingredients, mix together, and voila...YUMMY cookies!!! There are some special instructions on the packet if you decide to do cut-out cookies - which we did - so, if you go that route make sure you read those.

Caroline helped me from start to finish and we had so much fun that I am sure this will become a tradition for us...we may even try to make some more to share this weekend with the Hunt's while they are visiting with us!!

21 comments:

  1. That would be a really wonderful Christmas tradition to start for the two of you!! The cookies look good too!

    Caroline looks very thoughtful in the top picture. It's really good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cookies look delicious! Gracie loves to help me in the kitchen. There are actually a lot of things she can help me with and she is a great mixer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute!! Makes me want some sugar cookies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want some!!! I think I may need to go out and get some for us this afternoon. I think Audrey is a bit too little for helping me though! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. They were delicious and we enjoyed our playtime! Thanks a bunch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good job girls, the cookies look great. I like her christmas shirt, Emily has that same shirt with the pink presents pants. I think Target has some of the cutest Cheap outfits!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like Caroline was having fun. What a sweet tradition that will be for ya'll.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful way for mom and daughter to spend together!!! Caroline did an excellent job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think I will be starting Weight Watchers in January, but, until then........I may have to try some of those cookies!!!!!! I did not know that you could cut shapes into those cookies. They turned out really pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Savannah loves making cookies too. Her favorite parts are "flouring" the dough and sprinkles! She thinks everything is better with sprinkles. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Caroline may be putting Chrissy Shubert out of business soon with her very own cookies!! HAHAHAHA!! What a sweet tradition to start with your little girl.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can tell you've got a sweet little helper for life! She is going to be so much help for you when #2 comes along. I love doing little things that Ty can help me with in the kitchen. It's so much fun.

    I bet Santa would love those cookies and a glass of milk on Christmas Eve night. Ty has already said he's fixing Santa a PBJ sandwich and grape juice. You can tell what we eat alot of at our house! HaHa!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I started making a birthday cake for Jesus last year. Madison loved it and definitely plan to do it again this year! Where exactly in Wal-Mart did you get that nativity set? Did the DVD's come from WM too?

    ReplyDelete
  14. dj@andycable.com is my e-mail address. I love the looks of what all you've been doing. I've been doing some of the same and so busy doing it I haven't had time to post my blog! I'm glad you guys are having fun this Christmas! Have a great day and keep in touch! Merry CHRISTmas!
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Shonna! Caroline is so beautiful!!! I am glad you found me because I am new to all this... I love your blog! Illy

    ReplyDelete
  16. Caroline looks like she knows how to handle that rolling pin. The two of you are so fortunate to have each other....and Jamey is one lucky dude.
    Aunt Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  17. Merry Christmas, the cookies look delicious. I may have to make us some tomorrow or at least buy some already made ones.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I had so much fun visiting yesterday! We HAVE to do it more often. Glad y'all are a regular part of our lives. I am excited about all the fun things ahead! (Looking forward to the Lagniappe...)

    ReplyDelete