Friday, January 2, 2009

Isn't It Amazing

Isn't it amazing how time flies? I thought the days in my life passed by so quickly because around our house we live in 2 week increments. After reading several of your posts, I realize that the time flies by equally fast at all of your homes...where does it go?!?! It seems like just a couple of days ago that C and I were making those Christmas cookies while listening to our Christmas music.

I know that Christmas has come and gone and that a lot of folks are glad to get on with a new year, but I just have enjoyed savoring the moment - or month and a half - this year (so much, that all of my Christmas decor is still up as we speak). I have really enjoyed reading all your Holiday posts and I agree with everyone that is has been a wonderful season!

Caroline was tons of fun as she really got into learning about Christ's birth this year. She has some wonderful teachers at church that have really emphasized that Christmas is ALL about Baby Jesus and we have talked about it a lot at home - of course, Miss Pattycake was a big help in giving me and Daddy ideas on how to explain this miracle in terms a two year old can understand.

Caroline also had a lot of fun with the presents this year and I really think that she was as excited about giving presents as she was about receiving them. Her face just lit up as she would hand a gift to someone and most of the time she would stand their to watch them open it so she could see what was in their box

Some of you may be wondering what was on Caroline's list. She came up with three things this year: a dollhouse (which she has been talking about for several months now), a baby doll, and a table and chairs "for tea party". She did get all three items (and no, "Santa" didn't get all of those for her) in addition to a few more things that have kept her very busy over the last week.

Not only did Caroline enjoy learning about Baby Jesus and opening all the presents, she totally enjoyed all the friends and family we were able to visit! Jamey was home this year and it just so happened (actually, there was lots of planning on the parts of some) that we were able to be at all SIX family Christmas gatherings, three Christmas parties, and two church (Hopewell and Carolina's) Christmas programs...what a blessing! AND, we were honored to have some of our best friends - the Hunt's - come and stay with us the weekend before Christmas. So, that is where I am going to start with catching everyone up on our Christmas.

Jeff, Katherine, and Bennett got to Andalusia around noon on Saturday the 20th. We had the best time visiting with them between all of their (and our) family gatherings. It was lots of fun for me to have a little baby in the house again and very nice to see how accepting Caroline was of "Baby Bennett" in her territory! Jeff and Jamey got to do a little hunting and we were even able to enjoy a get together with several friends at Hunter and Ginny's after church on Sunday night and visit with all the new additions that 2008 brought.

You know it is pretty much impossible for me to post without pictures, so here they are:
Asher Bentley, Grover Wells, William Grimes, C, Bennett, Sawyer and John Parker Hardy




I was going to end this with the pictures, but I thought of a cute story while the pictures were uploading - Caroline and I were playing around one day and she was climbing on my legs, wrapping her arms and legs around my legs, etc. I said something to the effect that she was acting like a monkey, which she obviously did not think so because she stood up, pushed her hair out of her eyes to look at me and say, "me a princess"!!! Wonder what (or who) has made her think that?!?! Anyway...the SIX pair of princess shoes the Hunt's gave C are a very appropriate gift for her.

Have a great weekend!

13 comments:

  1. What a great post! Caroline IS a princess and that was a great gift for her!!

    We are going to get together again soon. Jack and I had SO much fun! Next time we'll bring our pjs and stay all night HA! Maybe keep Jamey's first Sat. night open for us. We'll talk!

    Looks like a great Christmas and I'm thrilled that Jamey got to be home for everything. I know how difficult it is to work around that so I'm glad for you and C that everyone was able to plan everything around his work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Time flies around here too! I keep hoping that once the house is done and I finish grad school things will slow down, but that's just wishful thinking I guess.

    I'm glad Caroline had such a fun Christmas. She and Maggie sure were cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Madison has a ton of dress up clothes. We have to do it on a daily basis around here. Maybe one day we can get Madison and Caroline together to have a tea party in their princess clothes. She also tells me that she is Princess Madison. What blessings all of those precious babies are. I really enjoyed looking at your pics. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sometimes I wish I could freeze the moment! It does seem like the older I get the faster time passes me by. Cute pic of all the little one's on the sofa. Surprised they were all happy at once! I still have ALL my decorations up also. I wish I had a huge closet to slide the tree in and leave it decorated all year! HA! I bet Caroline is having a ball with her christmas presents, it sounds like she knew exactly what she wanted.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We enjoyed our visits!!! Thanks for opening up your home for the "blogger" party!! You were a great host! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That princess is going to need a big closet...and more shoes. I love the way she curls her arm around her cup. Very royal.
    Aunt Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Sweetie! I'm so glad I found you on here! I need your email address so I can put you on the list to read my blog. I had to put it on invite only. Anyway your Caroline is precious and absolutely beautiful. You are still gorgeous as always!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm going to reply to you b/c it may be two weeks before Carrie looks at her blog again HA! She and Jay are in for Lagniappe. Jack is ASLEEP and everyone here is thankful! HA Sorry we had to bail tonight. See you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree with the time flying thing. It doesn't ever seem to slow down!! It was great to see ya'll at the blogger party. Maybe next time we're home, we can spend a little more time together. Gracie is VERY much into princess things too. She actually didn't get into too much until this past year. She was much more into Dora between 2 and 3.

    Bennett looks JUST LIKE Jeff!! Especially in the close up of him and Caroline. Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy to hear that you all had such a nice Christmas. I love to celebrate but am usually glad when all of the craziness has settled down some. I know what you mean about time going by fast. Will is going to be 8 in August and I keep saying maybe we'll try for another baby "next year". The problem is that I say that every year. Pretty soon I am going to be too old. I guess I had better get to trying before I am on Medicare and Will is married huh?

    ReplyDelete
  11. That "me a princess" line beats all I've ever heard!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. To cute. Caroline makes a beautiful princess. As far as time goes I think every year just goes faster and faster.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just wanted to let you know I love looking/reading your blog. Time does fly and when "C" gets in kindergarten...she'll be graduating b4 you know it. So enjoy it!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete