Monday, January 5, 2009

Let Me Back Track (one more time)

I have to stay caught up on my blogging so this doesn't happen a third time, but I forgot to cover the children's Christmas party at church that Caroline and I totally enjoyed!!! So, we are going to have to go back to the morning of the Hunt's arrival and cover those festivities.

Mrs. Carrie and Mrs. Brooke were in charge of putting the party together and they did a wonderful job. Mrs. Carrie and Mrs. Jason teach Caroline in Discipleship Training on Sunday nights and Mrs. Brooke and Mrs. Misty teach her during Mission Friends (and Mrs. Beverly is her Sunday School teacher). Caroline absolutely loves going to church and loves all of her teachers. She talks all week about her friends and their mama's and daddy's and gets so excited on the way to church...and then, ALL the way home she will say "go back to my church" or "me had fun at church" repetitively. But, my main point here is that how blessed we are to be a part of a fellowship that has so many willing adults that have huge hearts for Christ and children and want to spend so much of their time preparing to teach my child about JESUS...amazing! Thank you!!!

So, here are a few shots of Caroline at the party making a snowman Christmas ornament and her Christmas card. She had so much fun and I think she showed everyone that came into our house since both the snowman and the card...I just love it!!! There is also a slide show at the end of some of the other kids at the party. I did not even get close to making a picture of everyone...sorry!

3 comments:

  1. Looks like the party was a hit. I was so upset that we couldn't go especially since Carrie and Brooke were doing it. I knew it would be great, but that was Christmas Day for us. Those are some great teachers. I can't wait for J to get to go to a class (though his teachers are great now too), but next year, he'll get to move up and be in C's class!! Tell C that we're very sorry that she had to take her snowman off the tree for a while, but J liked it too much to LEAVE IT ALONE! I was afraid it was going to be headless! HA Love C in her pjs. I swear with that complexion she can wear pastels AND pull off bright colors. My kid can't wear light colors cause he is white as snow! HA You got some great pics of the kids. You need to email Beverly that one of Jaidyn. It is too much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute snowman! Are those pajamas the kids are wearing? That is really a cute idea. I noticed that in the first pics her bow was so perfect and then by the last one it was completely gone. That is too funny!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the sweet comments. We had such a great time at the party! We have enjoyed Caroline more than you can imagine. She was a big factor in our decision to keep the younger kids in DT. We have been so blessed by your whole family and are just thrilled that we get to love on sweet Caroline a little bit! She was so cute in her pjs. It's really good pictures of all the kids! We can't wait to have the next party!!

    ReplyDelete