We had a wonderful day that we started off a little differently. Caroline usually eats a bowl of oatmeal for breakfast and Jamey usually goes to the store to grab something to eat (although he has plenty of options here, but I don't think the morning trip to the store is really about eating breakfast!), but I decided to get up and cook them some heart-shaped pancakes and sausage. As you can imagine, Caroline was way more into this than Jamey. She was totally devastated when Jamey cut her heart pancake so she could eat it!
After breakfast, we gave Caroline her Valentine gift - some earrings, a Vera wallet to match the purse she got for Christmas, and some M&Ms.

Jamey, well, all he got were these yummies:
He loves them and gets them for EVERY season they are made! Besides, it will save him that afternoon trip to the store to get his Mountain Dew and Reese's Cups there:)Now, Jamey has always been an excellent, very thoughtful gift-giver. He (and Caroline) got me some G-O-R-G-E-O-U-S diamond stud earrings for Christmas that totally shocked me!!! I told him then he was in "good standing" at least through the upcoming year - meaning NO presents!! So...needless to say, I was surprised when someone knocked on the door Saturday morning with a dozen beautiful red roses for me.
They also brought C a little something from her Daddy. He is usually offshore on V Day and sends her a surprise along with my flowers (I LOVE flowers of all sorts and for any - or no - reason at all!). This year Jamey, when he ordered mine, he ordered C a balloon with a bear and candy and told them to stick a red rose in with hers too, but they forgot the rose - don't worry because Jamey took one out of my bouquet to put in a vase for Caroline's room...he's too sweet! Here Caroline is with her delivery (she had just gotten out of her bath).
We were suppose to go out to eat with our friends Jimbo and Susan that night, but Jimbo had that nasty stomach virus and we decided to pass. But our fam of 3 did end up going down to Destin and eating at the Crab Trap (very kid friendly). We did check out my favs - Louisiana Lagniappe and Osaka - first, but the waits were unbelievable. We were just down in Destin a few weeks ago with our friends and there was NOBODY there. Who knew they all came out for Valentine's Day?!?!The day was perfect, but I know it was not the flowers or the food...it was all the time I got to spend with my two most favorite people in this world!!!
And then on Sunday, we celebrated (my) Daddy's 59th birthday! It was very low-key with a lunch and cake at Heather and Brian's house. But he was warned that we may have to spice it up a little next year for the big 6-0 (I bet you can imagine how excited he got over that one!)!!
Matthew was upstairs sick, Riley Grace was in Montgomery, and Jack was asleep in his car seat. Maybe next year we can get a picture of Granddaddy with all 8 (maybe more) of his grandkids!!!




Cute pics. Jamey did a good job!
ReplyDeleteSo...was the "maybe more" comment a hint of anything??
I have GOT to see C with that wallet and purse. Cutest thing EVER!! And, I love the pic of her with Jamey's gift. You guys did great on V Day.
ReplyDeleteHey, if you still have your roses, why don't you bring them to our Fireproof night Fri.? I'll wear my skirt and we'll just show off our stuff:) LOL Wouldn't everyone fall out?! I'm very impressed with Jamey by the way. (and you - heart shaped pancakes? - very nice Mommy!) Hate we didn't get to see you on V Day. Next trip to Destin, we'll take C and J!
Great post!!
Very sweet! I feel like we haven't seen you guys in ages. We will be at church Sunday for sure. Things have been busy around here, too. I am also wondering... does the (maybe more) refer to you??? Hehe! Wouldn't that be wonderful! LOL!
ReplyDeleteLove the pictures! I really don't think Caroline could get any cuter; she is so precious!!! Jamey always does such a wonderful job with gifts & surprises!
ReplyDeleteWe miss you guys; baby Bennett misses C.
ps I hope your Daddy has more Grandkids next year!!!
Man Please! Jamey Reeves did GOOD! That's a sweet daddy too sending Caroline her gift too. I LOVE my Daddy for ALWAYS doing that for us! Love the pictures! Hope we can see y'all soon!
ReplyDeleteI love your roses!! Caroline looks cute in her monogrammed outfit. It looks like her and my girls enjoy many of the same things. Anna wants heart shaped pancakes every single time that I make pancakes.I am thankful that she is on a french toast kick, of course she has to have her cinnamon and sugar on it! Happy Birthday to your Daddy!!
ReplyDeleteI am so glad Jamey got to be home with you and Caroline on Valentine's Day. You are correct that TIME together is the greatest gift from those you love.
ReplyDeleteThe "maybe more" comment does have lots of us wondering. I know great nieces and nephews aren't the same as grandchildren....but they are still very special to Alan and me.
Aunt Kathy
That's a sweet husband and daddy! I love Caroline's beautiful earrings!!! She is stunning! I was surprised this year too...I got roses and a diamond pendant necklace!
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday to Mr. Ricky! Hopefully there will be more kiddos to add to the picture with him next year~ That would be great! The more the merrier!!!!
Caroline looks like one happy little girl to have gotten a valentine from her daddy. It is always nice to get goodies but especially when they are from the ones we love the most. Mr. Ricky looks like one happy guy surrounded by all of those babies. I pray that God will give him many more years for you all to enjoy each other.
ReplyDeleteHi Shonna. The gulfarium was pretty fun. It isn't very big but it may just be the right size to tackle with little ones. I would definintely go before it gets steamy hot and before all the tourists arrive!
ReplyDeleteThat is so sweet!! C is growing up way to fast! She is so beautiful.
ReplyDelete