Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Randomness

It has been very low-key around our house the last few days, but I do have just a few random things I thought I would share with everyone.

First, there is this birthday present for Jamey:
Riley Grace is super sweet and when she found out she would be in Montgomery for Uncle Jamey's surprise 30th get-together (that is another post for another day), she immediately ran into her room to get him a present. When she gave me this ($4.98) to take home to Jamey, I told her that Uncle Jamey knew she would want to be there to celebrate with us and she did not have to send him a present. She insisted though.

Second, there is this Christmas present for me:
Little miss Rachel is also very thoughtful. She got one of these (or one similar to it) as part of her Christmas from her Mama and Daddy. And somehow she was able to fit making three pot holders into her schedule for me, Grandmother, and Aunt Kristen Michelle (don't worry Aunt Kristen Sue, I don't think you have been left out) before the 26th to make for a very special Christmas present.

Third, my two and half year old has a fascination with anything "girly" right now:
This is what she does a lot of days that I am in the shower. On other days, she gets all 10 tubes of chapstick/lip gloss out and rotates putting them on...over and over and over!! She also likes to pretend she is putting on makeup with some makeup brushes that Aunt Kathy saved for her and she regularly gets into the lotion. We have realized recently though that some of the perfumed lotions burn her skin because of her eczema (hers doesn't look as bad as those pics, red splotches with peeling) on her hands and feet, but she is just as happy playing with the unscented Eucerin that I slather on her every day!!

Fourth, last but not least:
This picture of Rudy (Maggie Ruth) and Caroline was taken the day that Jack came home from the hospital. I kept Maggie that morning and the girls had the best time playing. I actually forgot I had this on my camera until I downloaded the other day and there it was...begging to be put on my blog to make everyone who sees it smile:)!!!

Hope everyone has a great week. And as I mentioned before, later this week I plan to post about the very last minute birthday get-together we had for Jamey along with some pictures from Madyson's 3rd birthday party (that is coming up this weekend).

10 comments:

  1. I love the pictures of her with the barrettes in her hair-- so cute!!! The one of her with Rudy is precious also! She seems like a sweet little one!!

    By the way-- yes, I will make you a blog but the one you have is very nice also! I like how bright and cheery it is! Just email me a few pictures that you may want as a header and I will play around with them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great post! You have some very sweet and artistic neices! Such adorable pictures of Caroline too. What a pretty little girly girl:) I love how she and Maggie Ruth are both kind of squinting and smiling so BIG in their picture!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That picture of Maggie Ruth and Caroline is to cute. Caroline's hairdo is very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The gift from RG was priceless. I am sure Jamey will have a hard time spending that $4.98. The pot holder is similar to one Heather made when she was a little girl. I keep it with my play dishes and the children always use it when they take stuff off the "stove". I will try to be more careful when I give samples to our girly girl. I don't want to irritate her skin. She just loved the size of that little jar of Estee.
    I have the cutest and sweetest(great)nieces in the world.
    Aunt Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a precious gift from a precious little Riley Grace! And Rachel!

    I love that little girly girl! John Luke will most definitely enjoy playing with those girly things going by his past record!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That was so sweet of Riley Grace to give him her money!! I remember when I had a kit to make pot holders! We had a lot of fun doing those. Caroline is so cute with her new hair-do designed by her.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How sweet was that!! I know you hated to take it but you probably would have hurt her feelings if you hadn't. I have a pot holder exactly like that that a student made for me when I taught at Fort Dale. That picture of those cheesy grins is hilarious! I love it! Caroline's bob is adorable! She is a sweety pie. Tell Jamey I said Happy Belated 30th B-day. I can't believe we are all already (or almost) that age. It seems like just yesterday we were graduating high school and then at L.B.W. Time sure does fly! That's why I try to make the most of every day. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had one of those weaving looms when I was a little girl and had grand schemes of growing up and opening a whole chain of "pot holder boutiques". Tell Rachel that if that dream ever comes to fruition, I will let her manage my Alabama store. She shows real promise!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. the pot holder is awesome. i would have to hang it on the wall because i would never forgive myself if i burned it. mama has some pics of me playing with my 'makeup'. i also apparently thought i was a ballerina and there are several shots of me prancing around in my sunday slip. it had a bodice and fluffy skirt. you'll love these memories!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love those pictures of Caroline, she is so cute. You have such wonderful nices, that was so sweat of them.Also, thank you for the blogging tips; Lord knows I need them.Come see us soon!!!!

    ReplyDelete