Sunday, January 3, 2010

So here I go with an attempt to start a Christmas 2009 recap. As Caroline put it, 'it was the best Christmas ever' and I really couldn't agree more. There was just something about this year that was extra special and I think each year the time with family gets even better and more important and the presents and commercialized part of the holidays are just going to have to take the back seat...somewhat anyway:)

Caroline's favorite part of the celebrations this year were the decorations and music. We had to listen to 'pa rum pum pum pum' (aka The Little Drummer Boy on the Alabama Christmas CD) many times over and so loud that you would have been giving this mama and her minivan a stare down if you pulled up beside me at the red light in town!!!

We added a little something this year that I am sure will be on the list from here on out. Caroline debated back and forth on the gingerbread house and the gingerbread tree. Praise the Lord she chose the tree because I don't know if the two of us would have ever made it through the house. She is very independent and wanted to do it all by herself...which she did with the exception of the green icing!!
The first Christmas get-together for 2009 was at Nannie and Uncle Pete's. We had so much fun and the kids look forward to it every year. This year Nannie and Uncle Pete came across a train and set it up in the kitchen for the kids...that and the fact that they all had their turn at being the conductor was present enough!! I didn't get a picture of all the "big" kids with the train, but they were in on the fun too:)
Matthew read the Christmas story for us this year.

post signature

4 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see pictures from the rest of Christmas!! Love the tree - I definately think you guys made the right choice. I didn't realize that was an option... Although, Jack B didn't want to do anything but eat the candy. I had to make him help:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We will for sure be getting the tree next year and will probably have to get each of them one! SO much fun. Can't wait to see more pictures. Maybe one day I will continue blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful gingerbread tree!!! Caroline may have her own cooking show one day...as well as some decorating ideas and fashion tips for all. She notices everything.
    Hope Caroline has gotten in some time with those cousins since their trip to the mountains. I bet they missed her as much as she missed them.
    Aunt Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ty chose the house! If we can do it, I know you and Caroline can too! It was a challenge for ALL of us, but it was fun! I think your tree would have been much quicker for us! Maybe I can talk him into the tree or cookies next year!

    ReplyDelete