Jamey gave Caroline some options that day on what they could do for Mother's Day and after thinking them all through, she decided to send me some flowers. So after their routine stop at the Co-op, they went down to Alan Cotton's. Jamey took Caroline in and let her pick out the flowers she wanted to send me. He said she stood in front of the coolers for a while trying to decide which flowers she liked. Once she narrowed her decision down by the "looks" of the flowers, she then moved on to smelling them. He said she would say "me not like them, me not like them either, me like those".
So, I ended up with this beautiful arrangement delivered to the house on Saturday. We were actually gone when the flowers were delivered, but they were left on the steps under the carport and I just wish you could have been there to see/hear Caroline when she saw them...she kept saying "me picked these for you for Mudder's Day Mommy!!!" And Jamey quickly filled me in on all the effort this little angel put into picking out my Mother's Day present...I know, I am a little teary eyed thinking about again!!!

And that arrangement was accompanied by this balloon...this was the easiest decision of the day according to Jamey. And why not???? I mean, what little girl is going to send her mama some pretty flowers without a pink balloon with butterflies on it to go with them?!?! She is still terribly excited about this balloon!

I also got cards from Miss Priss and her Daddy on Sunday morning. Jamey let Caroline pick out the card she got me also and said she put as much thought and time into that as she did the flowers...Sweet, sweet Caroline!!!
I love the thought and time these two put into deciding on the perfect card, the perfect balloon, and the perfect flowers (with the perfect smell) to make a perfect Mother's Day gift. But, I could never ask for GIFTS any better than being the wife to a wonderful, thoughtful husband and mother to an equally thoughtful, precious little girl!






How sweet! Sounds like you are raising and teaching Caroline to be very thoughtful. What a wonderful character trait!
ReplyDeleteYou're right on with your comment about the best gift in the world is being a Mother and Wife. What a wonderful blessing indeed!!!!
ReplyDeleteJeremy has told me time and time again now that we have children that the boys will be picking out my gifts on those specific celebrations throughout the year--regardless of what they may choose. I asked him to make sure that it wasn't a place where he'd be interested in the items; example: Bass Pro, Stokes, Cabella Magazines....you know the men's 'prized stores'. :)
Super sweet of Caroline to pick out the most beautiful flowers for her sweet Mommy!!!! Too sweet for words! Thanks for sharing! (Like Bro. Barry preached last Sunday: Jamey made HUGE deposit, right?)
BTW: Jeremy and I didn't go anywhere to celebrate our 5 years, but we were at home getting our new king(YAY!) size bed & bedroom suit in place!! :) I'm so excited!! We've waited five years for a bigger bed to sleep on and more specifically comfortable mattresses!!! :) Soooo...we stayed at the Hardy Inn last night!! :) We'll be going to the beach this coming weekend so I guess we can count that as a celebratory time along with the baby boys, too!
How precious!! Caroline did a great job-the flowers were beautiful!!
ReplyDelete