Sunday, May 17, 2009

Today Makes 6

That's right, Jamey and I have been married SIX years today!!! Can you believe it?!?!? A few months ago Jamey asked me about us going on a trip to celebrate our anniversary. It took us a little while to decide on a place to go that wasn't too far from Caroline (just in case since she and I had not been away from each other any longer than one night at a time) and it had to be at the beach. This posed a problem for us because most of the beaches that are "close by" are way too crowded for our liking. After talking about this for weeks, we finally decided on Navarre.

Navarre was perfect! It is only about an hour and fifteen minutes away and has that old beach town feel - not built up for the tourist with all that shopping or too many restaurants. And we were able to get this cute little place right on the beach (another must) where we stayed from Monday until Thursday - ours is the third from the right.This was the view from our bedroom and yes, there were always that many people on the beach!!!Honestly, we probably only saw about 10 (if that many) people each day on the beach - we felt like we owned the place!!! And what a life...get up, eat breakfast, go to the beach with a few snacks and not come back until it was time to get ready to eat supper. It was WONDERFUL!!!

The only thing is we don't have a lot of pictures of anything too interesting. On Tuesday when we got settled in our beach chairs, a little old man walked by asked if we wanted him to take our pictures and we passed since we had just gotten our nests made thinking there would be plenty of other folks to take advantage of later on. BUT...like I said, people were few and far between so y'all will just have to settle for this one we took of ourselves.And then there is this one of Jamey stealing some kisses:)See...I told you there were not any folks around!!!The view that kept our attention all day on Tuesday and Wednesday,and the Spanish mackerel splashing around that kept Jamey entertained.It got cloudy on us Monday and Tuesday afternoon late, so we didn't get to see the sunset. On Wednesday the weather started off kind of "iffy" and turned out to be gorgeous the rest of the day so, we finally got to see the prettiest sunset while we were out on the beach!I don't know when we will take a trip like this (just the two of us) again because it took a lot of convincing for me that "we needed it" to leave Caroline...and I still feel a little guilty about leaving her behind. BUT we really did have a good time and we got to carry on conversations...who knew it took six years of marriage to find out I DO NOT like Waffle House!!!

PS Caroline made it just fine without us...imagine that!! I really don't know if she missed us at all. She stayed between all of the grandparents and stayed busy with ballgames, church, school programs, etc. - all right up her ally. I think we actually missed her more than she did us and we talked about coming to get her on Wednesday to go back for the rest of that day and night, but decided that since we had made it that long we should enjoy the time the two of us had together.

post signature

13 comments:

  1. I know the two of you had a great time! I think it is wonderful that just the two of you got away to spend time with each other!! Happy Anniversary!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's one of the reasons why have made two trips to Navarre thus far--the ole beach town feeling and NOT crowded!!!! I love where the two of you stayed. :) Glad that y'all enjoyed the time together!! HAPPY SIX TODAY!!! :)

    I'm out of school the first week in June so we can take the kiddos to the park in Navarre if you're up to it? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary!
    Hope yall have a wonderful day!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a great time! congrats on 6 years!!! we love navarre! there is a place we stayed that is studio for like 600 a week. it's on the sound side 2 blocks from the beach. www.vrbo.com i think the name may be sunset harbor...

    ReplyDelete
  5. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!

    I love the picture of Jamey "stealing kisses"! Glad y'all had a great time getting away together!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH YEA, DID YOU REMIND JAMEY THAT YOU DO NOT LIKE HOTDOGS EITHER?!?! DO YOU REMEMBER THAT AT THE NEWLYWED GAME???! I DON'T KNOW THAT I HAVE EVER LAUGHED HARDER!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the pictures of the two of you together. So, so cute!! I love the place. Ben, Jack, and I are just jumping in the minivan next time:)

    BTW, I love the Mother's Day presents. So thoughtful and sweet. The flowers are beautiful but you and C outshine them in those pictures!

    Julie, J and I are going to the park too so you guys can just count us in!! We aren't above inviting ourselves - just wait until after VBS:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Anniversary! Those kind of beach trips are the best. I love getting away from the crowded beaches and finding a quiet place. Seems like you both had a great time and got to spend quality time with each other. See you later!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful views and how relaxing! It had to have been nice to just relax and be still. I can not wait to get to the beach!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy 6 I wished I was there now. Sweet mother's day gift

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Anniversary to you and Jamey! Ya'll look so cute together. I am glad he talked you into the trip! You are a great mom and deserved a little time to relax! We may have to try out Navarre sometime, I had forgotten about it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. found your blog and wanted to say "hi" congratulations to you and Jamey!!! Caroline is precious!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! 6 already??? Before you know it, you'll be celebrating 25 and then 50. Time flies so quickly! Enjoy every second and dont let one day be wasted on arguing and not being totally, hopelessly in love!!!!! Congratulations and I pray that God will bless you with many more!!

    ReplyDelete