Sunday, June 28, 2009

rolling waves and roller skates

Caroline and I made another day trip to the beach with some of our friends this past Friday. Lori, Jack Benjamin (aka Jack B), Heather, Peyton, Jameson, Brooke, Justin, Dawson, Caylee, Caroline, and I totally enjoyed our day at the beach. Despite the hot weather, seed weed, and tons of itsy bitsy jelly fish, we still managed to have a really good time without any of the kids getting sunburned...I can't say as much about some of the mamas though!

Here are just a few;) pictures to give you an idea of the day. Caroline and I are already looking forward to the next day trip and wondering who we will get to go with us then?!?! And according to Brooke, BEWARE because we are "all-dayers"!
Our fun continued on Saturday at a skating party for one of Caroline's cousins. As soon as we walked in the door this girl wanted roller skates on her feet and skated the whole time...with the exception of breaking for cake and ice cream. She did a really good job by herself on the carpet, but still needed me for balance out on the actual rink. I was so proud of her determination!! Caroline really wanted her mama to skate with her, but it has been so long and I didn't trust myself to keep the two of us up off the floor - maybe we can talk Daddy into going back with us before too long:)
post signature

11 comments:

  1. Looks like so much fun at the beach!! I wish Emmie and I could have gone with you all. Maybe some other time :)

    The last picture of you and Caroline is so cute, looks like Caroline had fun!! Can't wait to see you this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad that y'all had tons of fun. I sooo hate that things didn't work out for us to go!!! Count us in for the next trip. Remember, we are ALL-Dayers ourselves. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love days at the beach! I know you guys had a great time. I can't wait for our next trip. We went for a couple days last week with the Rogers and had a great time also. I will post those pics soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is so cute in her polka dot bathing suit!! I bet you would do just fine with skates on! Glad ya'll had fun and didn't get sunburned.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brooke is just going to have to have some ENDURANCE!! :) We enjoyed our day and C looks too cute in her sundress and skates! BTW, in some of those pictures, she already holds herself with a dancer's posture so that may be her calling. Aw... our little ballerina!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i know you guys had a blast. we had soo much fun on our trip. i'm ready for a day trip myself. where did yall go skating? looks like a lot of fun. i'd love to try it with ivy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like so much! We are headed to the beach soon and love to go just for the day! Thank goodness we only live a short distance. Shonna you look so good and are going to wither away! I need to know your secret for after I have this baby!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so jealous! One of the things I loved most about living in south AL was being that close to the beach. Before I had Will I would get up on Fri mornings and head out for the day almost every week. Did you ever go with me? I know that Kristen went a couple of times. We always had so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those are some big skates for that little princess! About the beach...jealous, jealous. But my time is comin'!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I forgot to tell you...we are very excited about tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete