Here is Caroline with our first harvest - a banana pepper and a squash. She was beside herself with excitement about these and saved that pepper just for Daddy. She kept tabs on it everyday and by the time Jamey got home (five days later) it was a little old and soft, but guess what...he ate it anyway and that made her day:) Now, she is just waiting on the tomatoes. We have a ton of green ones on the vine, but none that are "red" yet.
One of my favorites...
...and another fav.
We looked for one of these pools for Caroline last year with no luck. Wal-Mart has them this year and I have been saying ever since I saw them the first time that we were going to get Caroline one since sliding is one of her favorite things to do. And I can't imagine much that would be more fun than sliding into a pool full of cool water on a HOT summer day!! She loves it and I think these pictures say it all...



We also made a day trip to the beach with some friends a few weeks ago and had a wonderful time (you can read about here and here). And this week we are in full swing with VBS at Hopewell with around 100 kids so far this week. I am teaching the 4 and 5 year old class with Heather Huckabaa and Ashley Carter...those kids have lots and lots of energy!!!By the way, Jamey and I joined Hopewell Baptist this last Sunday and Jamey made his public profession of faith - YAY!!! We are terribly excited about being a part of the Hopewell family and look forward to what God is doing in our lives and in our church!!





YAY! That is so wonderful I am so happy for the 3 of you, I am certain that GOD has wonderful things in store for you all.
ReplyDeleteI love the pictures of Caroline she looks as if she is “watching the garden grow.” The pictures of the pool do say it all; she looks so happy & excited! I love the action shots.Looks like you guys are have a fun summer!
I’m glad you had the chance to update, it always nice to see new pictures. I think we just might have to come your way before this summer is over.
Love the pictures of Caroline "watching" the veggies grow!! Too cute! I may have tocome raid your garden when I am home, you made my mouth water with all the talk og fresh tomatos, okra, squash...YUMMY!! LOL
ReplyDeleteCaroline looks like she has an absolute BLAST in the pool!! I am sure she will be there a lot this summer...I may would even have to sit in it with her!! LOL
Looks like so much fun! I am quite jealous about the garden, Maybe next year I can get mine going.
ReplyDeleteSO excited that you guys joined Hopewell. Mama was pretty excited too!
I love the pictures of C and her garden. The second one is actually my fav though:) We are on our way to a big pool with you guys now, but we're going to come and enjoy the little one soon too!!
ReplyDeleteYou know that Ben and I have been praying that you guys would join and we are THRILLED!! We are so thankful that God brought you guys to us and how much you are already such a huge part of our "family of friends"!! He works in such cool ways and He has brought me a friendship that I cherish so much!!
See you guys in a sec - ha!!
Your garden looks great!! C looks to be having a great time sliding and splashing in her new pool. Congratulations on joining the church! Having a church family there for support is an awesome thing!
ReplyDeleteSo glad you and Jamey have found a church home. Jamey's decision can only help strengthen the wonderful love you already have for each other and the Lord. Caroline is so lucky...and so cute!
ReplyDeleteLater, Kathy
Cute pictures, and I'm so happy for y'all for finding a church home. I bought the boys one of those pools last summer, and they LOVED it too. However, when I went to fill it up this summer it had dry-rotted:( Be sure to store it somewhere safe over the winter!!
ReplyDeleteSo happy to hear about Jamey's profession of faith! I know that has been on your heart for a very long time.
ReplyDeleteLoved the garden pictures!