Friday, October 24, 2008

About the Election (well, kind of)...

I am in a Small Group that gets together every Monday night to discuss a book we are studying by Peter Lord, Getting to know God the Son, Jesus Christ. The lesson I worked on today was titled "Jesus Christ's Trial Before Pilate". One point made was that we are recommended to pray for those in government, to give thanks for them, and to ask in their belief that they will lead us into peace - which, I thought, was very applicable with the upcoming election. Another statement (based on John 16:33) that really stuck with me was this:

"I am secure - I am going to be victorious in life and all its difficult situations. Yes, in the world there will be much trouble, but Jesus Christ has told me not to be afraid for in Him I will overcome worldliness and become victorious."

So, trust in our LORD as every situation is in HIS hands and remember to pray for our country's leaders, that they may rely on GOD - and GOD only - for HIS guidance in leading our nation!

Now...do your duty and get out there and vote November 4th and have a great weekend!

5 comments:

  1. Mother loves Peter Lord! And that is a good verse in John 16 for all situations in life but especially for what's going on today!

    We will be there on November 4th! No Doubt!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That comment was from me. I not sure why it says anonymous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dr. and Mrs. Lord were here with us just a little while ago. They are so wonderful. His books are truly God inspired. He taught Jeff and I some interesting concepts about "the sinful life of man" while he was here. It has really changed the way we think about sin now. Your group sounds like fun. We are currently doing Precepts on Thursday night. It is pretty interesting too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am praying that the election goes the way that we would want it to!!! Are you going to the bible study at Hopewell? I am ready to attend a bible study soon when things get a little under control in the Hardy household.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shonna, thank you for bringing some light to these dark worrysome times. It is heartwrenching to think of what's to come.

    Randy

    ReplyDelete