.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
After we left Aunt Kathy's, Kristen and I decided to attempt Wal-Mart with two really sleepy girls (what were we thinking???) before picking RG up from school. In order to remain sane and the girls to remain in the buggies, we got ICEEs!!! It never fails and what a treat...for mother and child:)!.jpg)
Now...Mendy has been asking me for the recipe for the BBQ sauce I made to put on those country style ribs and I really don't have a "recipe". My mother always (and I just learned it from her) mixed - to our liking - brown sugar, ketchup, and little water together. Put it in the microwave for a minute at the time and stirring between until all the sugar has dissolved. I never buy BBQ sauce because this is so easy and so much better than anything you can buy!! Mendy also asked about the brown rice I made and I do have a recipe for it. Here it is:
1 cup rice (I use Uncle Ben's Original)
1 can beef consomme'
1 can water
1/2 stick butter
Salt and minced onion to taste
Cover and bake for one hour at 350 degrees.
This is ever so easy to make and it seems like you can't go wrong with it...kids, hubby, everyone really likes it! ENJOY!




I don't think I could ever have the time to scrapbook either, but is sure does sound like fun at Aunt Kathy's! Did y'all see the white pumpkins at WM? I want some for the wedding so badly. Wouldn't they be pretty with the letter "M" carved in them?
ReplyDeleteI did enjoy the visit! You did a great job with your pages and now have some inspiration for future projects. With pictures of Caroline and her cousins....who could go wrong? The guidance from Kristen was needed since I had two little girls I couldn't take my eye off of. They are precious.
ReplyDeleteAunt Kathy
Scrapbooking is a lot of fun! I just never seem to have the time to do it. Looks like the girls had fun. You should show us the pages you did.
ReplyDeleteI forgot to say that I like the new background!
ReplyDeleteYou've got two cute little girls there. I'm not creative enough nor do I have the time to do such stuff as that.
ReplyDeleteI attempted the whole scrapbooking when John Parker was born but didn't get far. All of the things I bought are still boxed away. I loved doing it, but it is definitely something that you have to sit down and do hours on end. I had heard that there is a website where you can do all of your scrapbooking. Supposedly it is a lot easier and faster?!?!?!
ReplyDeleteShonna, thank you so much for the recipes. I can't wait to try them.
ReplyDeleteI was in Wal-Mart earlier today but forgot to get my ICEE. Maybe it would have made me smile like Maggie Ruth and Caroline.
ReplyDeleteAunt Kathy
We have always made that same BBQ sauce! It is fantastic and I agree, much better than the store bought.
ReplyDeleteI like your background. I put this on my blog for a couple of minutes, and then thought it was too "girly" for John Luke. Crazy! I'm sure he really cares!!!
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteI used to like to scrapbook-- back in the day. I started it about the time Clay and I started dating. I have caught up to our wedding. LOL! I have a long way to go to catch up with everything that has happened with us in the last 7 years! I think I am just going to give up and maybe try that digital stuff Julie mentioned.
ReplyDeleteWhen we lived in Carolina, Lorrie Fite took me to some place in Dothan one time and I bought a really expensive beautiful scrapbook and a ton of die cuts and accessories. Guess what! I have never touched it. That was about 7 years ago. Now that Will is so big, I think too much time has passed! I hope you are more diligent than I was. Besides, you have a beautiful little inspiration to help get you started!!!
ReplyDeleteoh, yeah-- I love your new blog layout! Very cheery..
ReplyDeleteI love the pictures of the girls with their icees. Those pictures don't exactly tell the whole "WalMart story" do they? Cute! I love the new background.
ReplyDeleteI wish I were in that shopping cart with them! I like the new background.. can't believe how fast the girls are growing.
ReplyDeleteScrapbooking is a lot of fun if you have the time. I have started so many different scrapbooks and have never finished any of them. They look so good when people actually sit down and finish them.
ReplyDelete