Jamey, Caroline, and I had a good time trying to decide what colors we wanted our eggs to be and mixing the colors just right. Of course there were the basic red, blue, green, and yellow, but we also had to have an orange to go with the blue eggs (WAR EAGLE), a pink to match the polka dots on Caroline's gown, a purple because that is another "girl" color, and then raspberry because that was the color of the bridesmaid dresses in our wedding. (Not really - the BM dresses were called "raspberry", but that's not why we chose that color - we just wanted to see what a raspberry egg would look like.)
Jamey and I have dyed eggs with Caroline every year, but (like most everything else) she is just getting to an age where she can understand a little more about what is going on and she L-O-V-E-D dying the eggs, especially the finished product. She has carried that basket of eggs around for a week now!! I know...the fact that we still have our real eggs out may seem a little disgusting for some, but only two of them have broken (she threw those away) and I just don't have it in me to make her get rid of the rest yet! Caroline, Aunt Kristen Sue, Mother, and I had some girl time together early Saturday afternoon. We rode to the "new house" to show Aunt KS what all Jamey had cleared/cleaned up there and I wanted to show them this rose bush - it is one that my great aunt and uncle planted when they lived there and is one of my favorites. Isn't it beautiful?
Caroline loves flowers too, so that made it a little easier to get her to pose for a picture by this beauty.
Caroline loves flowers too, so that made it a little easier to get her to pose for a picture by this beauty.
Then Caroline and I headed home for her nap so that she would be well rested for an afternoon full of egg hunting with her cousins - and hunt eggs is exactly what WE did. The adults hid for the kids a few times, the kids hid for the adults a few times, and then we had a "men's only" hunt - we all enjoyed that one! As you can imagine the kids had no interest in picture taking when there were eggs to be found, but we did manage to get all of them - minus Jack - to pause on their way to start the first hunt!.jpg)





I love Caroline's little bunny dress. We missed seeing y'all on Easter. I guess Dave and I should do the every other year thing like Kristen and Josh. The eggs look great and way less messy than our experience with three little boys. I plan to post my photos of that eventually!
ReplyDeleteCaroline does love her colors. The Lacy Banks rose is beautiful...but that pose and smile by Caroline is priceless.
ReplyDeleteAunt Kathy
Lady Banks rose....I can't type or proofread.
ReplyDeleteKathy