So, our "really fun" day with Jamey on Tuesday consisted of:
#1 Planting a Garden - Jamey has planted fairly productive gardens every year we have been married (6 years on May 17) except one and you know who has to take care of while he is gone. I love the garden and taking care of it, but the summer of 2006 had to be my least favorite garden because I was pregnant with Caroline (swollen like a marshmallow for 4 1/2 months) and it was one of the hottest summers on record. When I would stand there for 30 - 45 minutes to water that garden - which had peas, tomatoes, squash, okra, eggplant, peppers -every morning and afternoon, my hands would go numb and my feet and legs felt (and looked) like they were going to absolutely burst...a very painful memory. That is the only year we planted the peas though. We decided since the farm planted a garden of peas and butterbeans for the family, we would just get those veggies from there and plant a smaller "hobby" garden and hope it makes enough for us share.
With all of that said, we decided to plant our garden this year at the house we are in now verses the "new house" so that Caroline and I could check on/water it every morning and afternoon. We did have a good time planting the garden. Jamey and I have decided that pretty much everything turns out to be fun when Caroline helps us...she just puts a whole new aspect on things for us!




We planted tomatoes, peppers, okra (Caroline's favorite veggie), squash, and cucumbers. Yesterday when we watered, the squash and cucumbers looked they might have to be replanted. The rest of it was perky and Caroline would just stand there with her hands behind her back "observing" the plants in silence...wonder where she got that???#2 Caroline's First Fishing Trip - Jamey has been talking about taking Caroline fishing for some time now and when we went to Wal-Mart one night they were doing their own thing while I was getting what was on the list. When they found me, Caroline had a Barbie fishing rod and reel and has been practicing her "cast" pretty much every night since with her daddy. Time, as usual, had gotten away from us while Jamey was home and Caroline's first fishing trip ended up being Tuesday afternoon after we planted the garden.
We went to Jamey's granddaddy's pond where you are guaranteed to catch a fish. It was great! The fish may not be big, but you are going to catch them! Caroline didn't want to touch the them and anytime I would say "I think it's a big one", she would drop her pole and run hide behind Jamey's back!!!
These are several pictures of Caroline reeling, "snatching", etc. and of her first catch. She had so much fun. I've never been on a fishing trip that was so exciting - there's just something about watching your "baby" do all these things for the first time and seeing the thrill in her eyes...priceless! 








Like I said, there were a lot of pictures. That last one is of Caroline making her "fish face".
An update...After I posted about Caroline's "hair winding" yesterday, we met one of our friends for lunch. When we got out of the van Caroline said, "My hair is blooming, Mommy!" I just laughed and thought we're getting closer!!!
That's it and guess what...I am all caught up on the blog (a first)!! I am leaving this afternoon with some of the girls from church headed to a women's conference in Pensacola. I a looking very forward to it, but just am never crazy about leaving little C behind. She will be staying with Grandmother and Nonna so I am sure I will never be missed!!!
Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!





Cutest pictures EVER!!! I love those of the garden and the fishing trip. Isn't everything so much more fun when we can experience it the way our kids do?! We have also planted a rather large garden in our monstrosity of a yard (or Uncle Tractor has), but I hope someone else is planning to water it or our corn and peas are going to die:( I'm not as disciplined about things like that as you - I'm not a yard worker!!
ReplyDeleteJack can just come eat at your house to get his veggies!!
Excited about this weekend - can't wait!!
C is so sweet! I love the fishing pictures with her daddy. You can tell what a great relationship they have. Love it!!
ReplyDeleteThose pictures will make precious memories for you both to look back on when she's all grown up! For okra to be C's favorite veggie is very surprising! Do you bread and fry it? That is the only way my girls will eat it. I hope your garden does well this year! Tell C she makes the cutest fish face I have ever seen!!
ReplyDeleteThat's great that C likes okra, my kids don't do very many veggies at all. However I guess I must say that they get it honest, because I don't either. C is very cute in all her pictures and I bet she had the best of times with her parents.
ReplyDeleteIs this garden at your new house or still at Mrs. Bessies? Caroline looks very excited with her "big ole" fish!!! You always dress her so cute!!!!
ReplyDeleteWonderful, wonderful pictures of special memories being made by the Reeves family. I am sure you two girls will keep this garden watered. She looks so cute, but I do think Caroline needs some different fishing shoes.
ReplyDeleteAunt Kathy
I love the fish face! The one of her hugging her daddy from behind is priceless!! I am so glad I was able to hang out with you this weekend. It was a lot of fun. LOL!
ReplyDeleteLove the pictures! That garden is going to be yummy! I was just thinking about the garden for this year...I love all that home-grown stuff!!
ReplyDelete