Friday, April 17, 2009

Easter - PartII

Easter morning was fun for all us when Caroline got out of bed and found her Easter basket - I love how it doesn't take much to really excite her. The Easter bunny left her some pink M&Ms, a new Miss Pattycake movie, a couple of little books, and some finger nail polish - one purple and three shades of pink, of course!!These azaleas were the only flowers blooming in our yard due to the freeze/frost we had earlier in the week. That was okay with Caroline though, all she really needed in these Easter pictures was that Easter basket. She wanted it (with everything placed just right)in every picture we took. Just look... Even though she was very busy adjusting the basket to be "just right", Jamey and I did manage to get some pretty good pictures where you can actually see her sweet little face and pretty little dress. She even sang "Alive" (which is ranking right up there with Jesus Loves Me, ABCs, and Away in a Manger these days) for me and Daddy out of her "hymn" book.Then she wanted her picture made with Daddy. He tried to pick her up and hold her, but that wouldn't do because she wouldn't be standing beside her basket. So he just squatted down beside her, but the basket didn't make it into this one......or this one either.Since we were ready for church and had a little time to spare, we went by Mother and Daddy's to see if anyone would take a family photo. Aunt KS did and tried very hard to get a good one for us, but...Caroline was already tired of picture taking (notice how she is reclining/laying back onto my face), she wanted to eat the piece of CHOCOLATE candy her Daddy had to open right before the picture, and Jamey was complaining about how hot he was going to be in a long-sleeved shirt in April ("who makes long-sleeved shirts for the spring anyway???").

We did manage to get a decent one and it may be next Easter before we have another to share!!!post signature

8 comments:

  1. Love the pictures of Caroline arranging her basket... too cute! You have a beautiful family and I am so happy for you! ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. As I passed by your home on Brooklyn Road the other day, I noticed several of you picking up limbs. I would have stopped and helped but we were on our way home from the beach and needed to get our luggage unloaded, unpacked, and begin the washing cycle. :)

    John Parker is a GREAT helper when it comes to yard work. Would you like for us to come and help y'all? :)

    Beautiful pictures of Miss C and her parents(and cousins). Glad that y'all had a joyous Easter!!

    One more note: I LOVE the "old-fashioned" way of dying the Easter eggs. It is almost like a lost art b/c people normally buy the kit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty little girl all dressed up! I wonder who she gets all that organizing from?!

    Great family pictures too! We still do the old-fashioned eggs too. That's what I grew up doing, and could not bear the thought of not doing the same with my family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I took a break from the madness this morning just to look at C in her Easter dress!! I LOVE it - the sweetness of that light pink dress and it is absolutely adorable on her!! I think the whole family looked great. Tell Jamey that sometimes we have to suffer for fashion:)

    You guys did the best family things. I'm so glad that you all had such a sweet time. J is debuting his Easter outfit tommorrow!! You've seen it I know but not on him - and that's what makes it look so great! LOL

    You are creating great memories for C!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What great pictures! Caroline is so beautiful and that was too funny about her having to fix the basket just right for every picture!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Family Fun! Don't you love it? I have got to get Madison some of those Miss Pattycake DVD's. You all look so good in your Easter outfits. What a sweet family!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Does the Easter Bunny hide the Easter basket? Why don't I remember that? I need to get all that straight before he comes again!!

    Audrey pitched her first real fit over that little book that is in Caroline's basket. It was complete with screaming and crying and it took place right in the middle of Target!!! I am sure plenty more are on the way.

    I love the picture of your whole family. The purple is very pretty on you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like you have a perfectionist on your hands! I think your family picture turned out very cute.

    ReplyDelete