Well, today I'm thinking not!!! Jamey and I have been up with Caroline since 1:00 am (that part was pretty terrible). She cried and fussed all night long and anytime she feels bad and can't sleep, she is always comforted by Mama holding her close and singing "Jesus Loves Me". But last night nothing worked!!! After me asking her all night if something hurt and getting no response, she finally told me this morning about 7:00ish "my ears" and pointed to her left ear. I asked her two or three more times and she kept answering me the same way and pointing to the same ear. I thought this is pretty wonderful - my child can tell me what is wrong with her!!! Is this something that comes along with her being 2 now?!?! Well...8:00 rolls around, I call the doctor, and we go for our appointment. Sure enough, Caroline has an ear infection in her left ear...and tonsillitis (caused by strep - whch is bacterial and can be treated with the same antibiotic used for the ear infection)!
We now have our medicine and tucked in at home for an afternoon nap...both of us. I am pretty sure it was just a coincidence that Caroline turned 2 last week and was able to tell me what was hurting her this morning, but I thought that it would be worthwhile to share with all of you mother's that haven't hit the "Terrible Two's" yet. Just wait, something pretty terrific can happen at that age "two"!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




I totally agree! Around 18 months to 2 years was pretty hard for me with Gracie. She was old enough to know what she wanted and to have her own ideas, but communication was pretty much nonexistant other than a few words. I swear Gracie started speaking in sentences the week she turned two. It was a joyous time for me! Of course, she hasn't quit talking yet:)
ReplyDeleteYou are right, Shonna!! There are great things that come with the turning two! It seemed like John Parker went from a baby to a little guy overnight. Now, that we have Sawyer, John Parker has become a teenager-:)!! Their communication amazes me!! I am glad to know that Caroline is well on her way to feeling better.
ReplyDeleteWell that is a relief. For now we just have to interpret which cry or fuss means what and hope we guess right the first time. I hope she feels better soon! She is so adorable!
ReplyDelete