Tuesday, August 19, 2008

The Party



On Friday, we had Caroline's 2nd Birthday Party. We invited all the family and had 46 of them show (14 - including Caroline - of which were kids). We started off with Caroline opening her gifts. She got tons of toys, clothes, and $$$$ for her savings account!!! It was fun to watch her open the gifts. She would make sure that all the paper was off the boxes before she would even think about opening the box. Wonder where she got this peculiarness?!?!

After the gifts, Caroline moved on to the cake. She had talked about her birthday cake ALL week. She was so excited when we picked it up Friday afternoon. All the way home she would say, "Birtay take home, Daddy see" (Interpretation: "Birthday cake home. Daddy see.") When it was time for her to blow the candles out, she sat in the chair like a little princess for everyone to sing Happy Birthday to her and then repeatedly blew the candles out! I would just keep lighting them for her until she got tired of doing it...what fun!

Last year was sooooo hot and miserable, so this year we decided to have some water for the kids to play in and keep cool. We ended up having two water slides and two little wading pools. The kids ate hurriedly, if you can imagine that, and changed into their swimsuits for the water slides. Even the little ones were on the slides having a blast! Our fun was cut short by the thunderstorm that blew up about dark, but it sure was fun watching everyone while it lasted!!

8 comments:

  1. Looks like she had a blast! I love the picture of her looking back at you and waving - how sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a fun party! Did any of the adults go down the big slide Saturday? I wanted to sooooo bad!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like fun!!! We have rented one of those for the past two years at our 4th of July party and now I think if I said we weren't having it, no one would come.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now that's my kind of party!!! What a BLAST!!! I'll definitely have to remember the water slides for Sawyer's upcoming birthdays in August!!! The photos are GREAT!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yea, I like that big slide myself! Looks like lots of fun! I can't believe it's been 2 years!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you guys had a wonderful party!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hate we couldn't be there. I'm so glad she had such a good time.

    ReplyDelete