Thursday, August 7, 2008

To "Bob" or Not To "Bob"

I love the haircut these little girls are sporting! I have been thinking for a while now about cutting Caroline's hair into a "bob". I think how it might help it appear to be a little thicker (I can't understand why her hair is so thin - Jamey and I have a TON) and how precious she would look with her hair framing out her face. And then, I think about how absolutely precious she is when her hair is in a ponytail or pigtails - not to mention that precious curl she gets in the back. I asked her Daddy today what he thought and he left the decision up to me. So...what are your thoughts?


Now, here are some pictures of "C" and her many hairstyles:

This is the "I am going to town with Mommy".

This is the "I am just going to play around the house all day, so no need to brush my hair."

This is the "I am going to town with Mommy and it is soooooo hot outside" (=pigtails).

This is the "I am at the BEACH" ponytail - very greasy due to all the sunscreen in it.

And last, but not least, the infamous "Bed-Head".

9 comments:

  1. I think a bob would be adorable on her!! Although, the only thing I would consider is, once you cut her hair into a "hairstyle", it seems like they just don't look like a baby anymore!! I know with Nikki, she cut Ellie's and it was so cute, but it definitely made her look more like a "big girl" instead of a little toddler. But, it WAS the cutest thing!! Either way, Caroline is just precious, the bed head picture is the best one!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm leaning toward not cutting it....just b/c of that picture with her pigtails..they are so cute! And your right I love the curl in the back of her hair!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I ADORE the pigtails. Don't worry about it not being thick.. that will change. I would say NO... but hey I am a little biased towards long hair.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not sure! I'm going through the same thing with Gracie. Her hair is SO long and it gets really tangly. Matt wants me to cut it, but I just don't know if I have the heart to...maybe we'll cut it just below her shoulders.

    Caroline is a doll, so I'm sure she'll be precious either way!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmm... I'm leaning toward the bob. I think it's precious with the hairbows on the side when they have a bob. Man! What a tough decision. I thought it was hard enough to decide what to do with my own hair. I've not thought about how hard it will be to decide with Audrey's! Now that I say the bob-- I'm probably not the best one to listen to. I have the same hairstyle I had in highschool-- I'm a big talker about cutting hair short- I just never come through and do it to my own!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the "bob" look. But... I sure do think the pigtails are mighty cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm torn!! I think the bob is sooo cute, but the pig tails are equally cute!! I don't thing you could go wrong with either. She's beautiful regardless!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I say go for it! The bob will be adorable this winter, and then you can start growing it out for next summer's pigtails!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm for the bob! I did it with Riley Grace's hair right after her 2nd birthday for the same reason and it made all the difference!!! Bobs are PRECIOUS!!!

    ReplyDelete