Sunday, September 28, 2008

Another Super Saturday

Yesterday was a great day spent with some of my favorite folks and included sewing, fall wreaths, Auburn football, and a tailgate shower!!!

Ever since I saw the cute things Kristen started for her kiddos last weekend, I was really ready for Caroline's name to be at the top of her sewing "to-do" list. So, yesterday was the day and - while watching the Auburn/Tennessee game - Aunt Kristen Michelle made this chenille pant outfit to add to Caroline's wardrobe...precious!!! So, what was I doing? My job was to watch the girls and keep them out of Kristen's hair which turned out to be pretty easy since it was nap time. And... Mother was there hanging with us so who wanted me when Grandmother was around!?!?!

Since the girls were busy, I decided to get to work on my project. I had decided to make this wreath for my back door after seeing it in the October 2008 Southern Living magazine. I could not find any turkey feathers (real or artificial), so I substituted fox tails and this is how my wreath turned out...

I have the wreath hanging on the door coming in the house off the carport since that is where most of my guest come in, but I brought it inside to get some pictures of it - I really need to take pictures of it in natural light...maybe tomorrow.

After completing our projects, we scurried around to get ready to go to Dave and Mandi's Tailgating Shower where we had a great time of food, fellowship, and more football with friends and family.

Hope you all had a great weekend too!

10 comments:

  1. Caroline is TOO CUTE! You did a great job on the wreath too. I like to do crafty things too, but I never seem to be able to find the time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute outfit Shonna. Like the wreath, however I don't have a crafty bone in my body!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the wreath and I love to do crafty things. I really like the big "C" on Caroline's shirt. Very cute!! Does Kristen have an applique' machine? How did she do that?

    ReplyDelete
  4. That outfit of Caroline's is just too cute for words!! That is the joy of having little girls because you can "doll" them up in the cutest of clothes.

    You did a nice job on your wreath. I might need you to make one for me. :) I haven't got around to putting my fall decor out. Are you in the selling business? HAHAHA!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't see your wreath! That's pretty too!

    Cute outfit!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. She is too cute and I love the outfit as well!! I could have helped you out with some turkey feathers if we lived closer. Jason has several turkey tail fans out in the shed. After looking closely, I think those are pheasant feather (even harder to find). I think it looks great just the way you did it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That outfit is sooo precious. I use to sew all of the time. I just can't seem to get a chance to do it anymore. Tell Kristen she could make some big bucks at some of these craft shows like here in Canton. In fact, you could do wreaths and she could do childrens clothing. You'll have to think of a name for your new boutique!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kristen is so talented! I can't wait to see what she makes for Rachel! The wreath is beautiful. I can't believe you didn't ask Dave for turkey feathers. I know he's got some!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, how could I forget laughing about that Ultrasound! That was at Kim's shower at Shirley Smith's house! You crack me up! Just thinking about it now makes me laugh. You did a great job on that wreath and Caroline is just precious is that little outfit...she's just precious in anything! I know you and Jamey are enjoying the joy and love she brings to your lives!
    -Dawn

    ReplyDelete