Thursday, September 11, 2008

We Bobbed!!!



That's right...I finally did it and am so glad!!! These are some pictures of today. I took "befores"of Caroline's curls in the back and then of her ponytail. Then, of course, pictures at the beauty shop and the "afters". I got a little carried away with my picture taking, hence the slide show.

All of you know how cautious I am, so I would only let JuJu (Julie) cut just a little to begin with this morning (which at the time I thought was pretty drastic). After Caroline woke up from her nap, she and I were back up at Julie's to cut it some more. It is way too cute:)

Now, an update for all of you who knew about Caroline's little itching episodes on her palms and soles of her feet over the weekend. I took her to Dr. E on Tuesday and he diagnosed her with Dyshidrotic Eczema. It is something she will always have and is hereditary (my sister Heather has it and has made it through life just fine though). Dr. E prescribed Caroline a cream/gel to keep on her hands and feet for 7 days and then anytime I notice "breakouts". After reading up on DE a little more, I have found out that stress, coffee drinking, and excessive sweating are likely causes for recurrence. I remember the doctors telling Heather not to wear rubber shoes because of the sweating thing. So...I think I am going to let Caroline wear the Crocs she has all along for short periods because she LOVES them so much, but when she outgrows them we will have to make sure she wears socks with her shoes or shoes where her feet can "breathe".

One more thing, the spot you see on Caroline's back in some of the pictures is not a bruise (I have had several folks ask about it). She has had it ever since birth and it is known as a Mongolian Spot.

Hope you all have a great weekend and God Bless!

13 comments:

  1. Uncle Alan and I love Caroline's new haircut. It is so cute! We hope to see her "in person" before it is time for her next haircut.
    Aunt Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the haircut! I love a bob on little girls. Her outfit is also adorable! Where did you find it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it!!

    Gracie has eczema too. It's annoying, but definitely something you can live with!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I knew it would be cute! Dave has the itchy feet too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Caroline's haircut is adorable! John Luke was sitting in my lap and as we watched the slideshow he would get his face closer and closer to the screen and be hollering something and pointing. My guess is he was trying to say "Caroline!"
    Cute pictures! In some of them she looks like shes saying "goodness mama, again?!" She's a good little model with her new "bob" and her precious little outfit!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute!!! I miss seeing yall...i'll have to stop by sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I ABSOLUTELY LOVE HER HAIR!! She's just beautiful!! AND, I LOVE that outfit that she has on!!! I would be soooo BROKE if I had a little girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Caroline's new "do" is just right for her. It's so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love it. You're a lot braver than I am. I will probably cry for a month when Kady gets her first haircut. Looks like she'll have some wave to her hair but not curly curls like her mommy did. And I adore monogrammed dresses!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love Caroline's new haircut. And where did you get that outfit, it is TOOOO cute? If someone made it, can u give me the pattern, bc I have a friend in Auburn that makes outfits for her girls, and she would love that one!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. She is so beautiful! Her new do is so sweet, and it really fits her.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love her hair. I knew it would be cute on her!!!! FYI--depending on how expensive her medicine is you can also use Aquaphor by Eucerin in the baby section. Works GREAT!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. She's beautiful! I love the outfit too!

    ReplyDelete