Tuesday, September 23, 2008

WARRRR EAGLE, HEY!


Jamey and I did go to the Auburn/LSU game Saturday and we had a really good time despite the loss. We met Jimbo and Susan and left around lunch time to arrive in Auburn around 2:30. We found our way down to the old tailgating spot and we hung out there with Ginny, Hunter, and William (and company) until game time.

For those of you who cheer for those other teams, you have no idea what you are missing out on if you have never seen the Auburn pregame activities. It is all so awesome - the band was unbelievable, when the eagle flew I was covered in chills, and then the Tigers took the field and the energy is like no other. I am so proud to be part of this great tradition and even greater university.

We cheered on our feet for the entirety of the game and there were times I was light headed from yelling so much. I don't know that I have ever given so many people high fives and "War Eagles"!!! It really stinks that our cheering and energy could not pull Auburn through with a win, but they are still my Auburn Tigers and I will keep yelling WAR EAGLE - win or lose!!!

8 comments:

  1. Three of my favorite AUBURN fans! So glad you and Jamey got to go to the game. I was disappointed that Auburn lost but it actually wasn't as bad as I was expecting against LSU.
    WAR EAGLE!
    Aunt Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all the orange! Orange is pretty on you {and Jamey}. I'm glad y'all had a good time despite the disappointing loss. We love our Tigers no matter what!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great family photo!! (despite the orange :)!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. War Eagle! I'm actually looking forward to this weekend because we play Tennessee. I work with a bunch of die hard Tennessee fans, so I'm hoping Auburn crushes them:)

    By the way, great picture!

    ReplyDelete
  5. AWWWW! The pic is great, but the orange hurts my eyes--crimson would be much more attractive I'm sure...!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We enjoyed having you guys at the tailgate last weekend! Come back anytime. War Eagle!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's no secret- we are not huge Auburn fans. However, I never dreamed that LSU would beat you all. It just seemed like Auburn got really tired there at the end. I was watching and just could not believe my eyes. Even though Alabama had a victory, I am afraid that our streak is all about to come to an end this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your hairdresser and Tanisha were in Biloxi for a HairShow. We went to an open bar in the middle of the Beau Rivage to watch the game. Never in the lives of casino people have they ever seen two white girls yelling and doing actual cheers from back in the day during such an extroidinary game. People actually came over from the tables to see what all the fuss was about. I think we may have been a little out-numbered by LSU fans. But they darn shore didn't have the spirit or the enthusiasm as the two white girls from Andalusia!!!

    ReplyDelete