Friday, September 19, 2008

Two Down...

...and good to go!!! We took Caroline's "paci" away from her on Wednesday and have not given into her pleas for it...yet!!

While our friends Matt and Christy were in town over the weekend, we were talking about how they gave Gracie's pacifier to the baby rabbits in their backyard. It was a sweet little "ceremony" with Matt hanging them in the trees and then going out before she got up the next morning to take them down so that Gracie would think the Mommy Bunny had gotten them for her babies.

So...Wednesday afternoon, Jamey took Caroline down to see the cows and when they came back she told me she gave " my pa-pac to baby tows". I don't know exactly how it happened, but I do know that they left both of the ones she still had and began to leave when Caroline convinced Jamey to go back and let her get one to bring home with her. Even though the pacis are home(Jamey brought the other one home the next day "just in case"), we decided since we have gotten to this point there would be no turning back!!!

Has she cried for them? Some, but mainly when she is tired and we just take her mind off of it by singing or playing or something. My biggest thing is that when she cries for "pa-pac", it is like she is crying for a friend. She doesn't understand why this security of her "friend" is gone and it just breaks my heart! Besides the fact that my feelings are hurt more than Caroline's, I feel like we have this thing undercontrol !!!

Next on the list: POTTY TRAINING...YIKES!!!

6 comments:

  1. That's a good start. I love the face!! And with the pottytraining...try pottytraining boot camp. It's supposed to be awesome and work in like 3 days. I'll have to get all the details on how it works but I'm pretty sure I will be trying it with John Luke as soon as 18 months rolls around {they say the children can't grasp it before 18 months.} Not diapers would be HEAVENLY!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How ironic!! JP has been without his pappy since Monday!! Mrs. Jean, his teacher, said that he doesn't have it during his nap either-which is mainly when he would want it!! I am so proud of Caroline!! Maybe our little ones will keep on keeping on!! JP is going to the potty but just tells us every once in a while that he needs to go!! We have got to work on the communication!! :) GOOD LUCK!! I have always heard that girls were easier, at least my mother thought I was!! I was trained at 18 months old!

    I want to know about the three day boot camp pottytraining that Beth had mentioned!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shonna-
    I will just tell you from potty training 17 kids at daycare, that girls are so much easier!! Try using a sticker chart, if she likes stickers. Once she has gotten use to using the potty and you are trying to transition her out of diapers into panties, put her panties over her diaper. She will know that she has big girl panties on, and will most of the time keep the diaper completely dry because of it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a big girl! But, it is kinda pitiful when they start crying for their paci. I remember when Ty would cry at night for his. But, it didn't last for long. Maybe it won't take long for Caroline to forget about Paci and move on to something else.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We took Will's paci away but I would sneak and give it to him at nap time. Jeff would come home and say "look what that stinker has found". I would say "Oh my goodness, he sure did". It was just so hard for me to see him cry for it when I knew it comforted him.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Way to go Caroline!! I'm glad Matt and I could be of assistance:) Just this weekend, Gracie came running inside from being outside with Matt and she told me she saw a bunny and that she was sure it was the one that had gotten her paci. So sweet!

    ReplyDelete